Yes: Light penalty(25% hp and items)
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 25
Soul

Re: Enable pvp penalties in Stock?

Post by Soul »

CaccoDemon wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:50 am Just going to put in my 2 cents.

I understand this is a pvp realm (apparently this means many different things to many people), rules were established when the realm was reset, and now it it appears there are a few people here, not the majority, who are constantly talking shit and trying to start problems. Now they want the rules changed to fit their agenda. (script killing to steal items) Not sure why the way they play is the only correct way. Used to be a nice community of people who helped each other unless someone was an outright a$$hole.

We are a dying breed that play mud and are all adults with careers and family's so we cant be at the keys constantly. Not to mention time zones. Some of us play this game to relax from life not deal with the same bullshit that we deal with all day. (somehow this is the wrong way to play according to these few) I guarantee that if items drop for penalties it will only incentivize script hunting which is not actual pvp. This will lead to less people playing which is sad because there are only a handful of us left in the world.

In Bear we trust.
Come on, man. This is a chicken shit response. A little shit talk in this game ,is exactly how it has and always will be. We're not trying to run people off, we're playing the game the way the game was intended to be played. If the creators didn't want there no be PVP they wouldnt have made it an option, and they damn sure wouldn't have made the best items in the game LIMITED. And it's clearly not a handful because even people who dont always PVP think there should be hang pens - its currently winning. Back when the game was played mostly by hand, the idea of "script" killing wasn't around, but as scripts were made, and created you quickly had a choice to make. Script away from keys and get massive amounts of experience while risking a script hit, OR play only at keys. Most have found happy mediums and learned how to set up things to protect themselves, and if we're being really honest, most people hang during PVP as well. When you have hang pens associated with it, you have to think a lot more about it.

All that said, and myself even being a strong supporter of hang pens, I do believe Item drops are a bit cheap. Someone should have to complete the kill to get items. I wonder if some of those no's would be yes' if the item drop wasnt attached to it. Also, I'd like to point out that even all of us "problem starters", seem to be fair in our yes, noones wanting an instant death for you hanging we all picked the lowest option possible. You simply cant have a -100 death and no hang pens. I have taking eps on multiple people just to have them drop then hang and all I got was eps for it.

babayaga

Post by babayaga »

Ahhh. A item penalty for your mega hanging when someone pvp's you when your not at keys IE Script killing Is nothing more then rewarding someone with items they didnt earn with a kill. Mud Welfare :lol: Boooooooooo

Soul

Post by Soul »

Wonder if the poll is accurate with the item hang pen being attached to it. I find it very hard to believe that this many people think that death should remain at -100 with no hang pens. Especially while limited are being hoarded in every gh.

doom

Post by doom »

Buriedinfrost wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:37 pm I think its kind of a consensus that HPs need to be lost (-100 to die?), without an item penalty. This seems to make much more sense.

Also.. the sys teleporting out of pvp? That deserves a reroll.
hahahahahha that would be awesome!! auto-reroll if you port out of pvp. Can we bring this to a vote?

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Would be nice if I could do something like that. But unfortunately beyond my control.