MegaMud Proxy

New and Modified Areas, Spells, Monsters, etc created by users. Importable via Nightmare.
BearFather

MegaMud Proxy

Post by BearFather »

I have created a new tool for Megamud, that will allow you in essence pull up your Mega's convo box anywhere. This app is a two part program the MProxy-server.exe (Server) and MProxy-client.exe (Client).

MProxy-server.exe:
This is the Proxy server for MegaMud, you connect MegaMud to this and it will pass all telnet traffic back and forth. But will also catch any conversions and display it to clients connected to that account. And send chat commands from the client to telnet server. This does not need to run on the same host as MegaMud. Just MegaMud needs to be able to connect to MegaProxy server.

MProxy-client.exe:
This is the client you use to connect to the MegaProxy server. This does not have to be on the same host as the MegaProxy server or MegaMud is running on. This client just needs to be able to connect to port 42084 of the host running MegaProxy Server.

Commands are limited to chat commands, so can't be checking inventory or anything(yet?).

This is the still a fresh app, I have personally been running it for over a month with no issues. So if you find any issues or suggestions please let me know.
Attachments
MeagProxy-ver1.1.zip
(686.05 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
MeagProxy-ver.1.zip
(686.24 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
Last edited by BearFather on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PlasmicFluid

Re: MegaMud Proxy

Post by PlasmicFluid »

Are you releasing the source to this? I’d love to be involved

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I've been debating on it actually. I'm not sure if I will or not.

Kleptos

Post by Kleptos »

Is it possible to write my own client to connect to the server? I like what you did with the whole process but I was thinking about some other features in a client.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Yes, it's just a basic socket that you connect too. Send me a PM and we can discuss what is required. I suck with UI design so anything will look better.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Released version 1.1

This is a small fix, just a quick rework of the highlight system. It was dropping the highlight phrase if it was at the end of the line.

PS:
If you guys have any requests or bugs please let me know.