item drop reset

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
mikey

item drop reset

Post by mikey »

Can anyone tell me how to reset the boss monsters so that they drop their items as if they were never killed before, excluding limited items that are all out already, obviously? Also, what do sys initialize and sys reset do? I was trying to get help on the sysop commands and I thought it would give me help on those commands if I typed them in, but instead it executed the commands. I have no idea what they do any I am worried I screwed something up. Thanks!

Zero

Re: item drop reset

Post by Zero »

I'm not sure if sys reset or sys initialize do anything of worth anymore, think they are just commands left over from old days. Sys reset on a control room of an area used to reset regen for that area, iirc at next cleanup, but can't think of anything else it's used for.

If you want to reset item drops on monsters: using nightmare, go to tools, monsters, set last kill time to never. Export an update, run an offline recovery, fire board back up and all bosses will be respawned and carrying any items they normally drop on first kill, that aren't at item limit already. I used this method for respawning bosses and testing deathspells over the weekend, and noticed the drop thing was also happening. Three beholder kills, three mithril helms...