Adding a map to mud

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
BearFather

Adding a map to mud

Post by BearFather »

So A friend of mine busted my balls to make a mud board. So after a couple weeks I started to tinker with editing. Well I want to make a new area now, So started in and said hey lets put all my edit's on a new map number so I can keep it clean. So did some test rooms to try out a few ideas, loaded up an bam I get this message when I try to enter:

Your sysop must purchase the appropriate addon (upgrade to the latest MajorMUD Version - most likely not available yet)

So played around couldn't figure it out. So other then putting it on a current map number, is there a way to activate a new map number?

Thanks

syntax
Site Admin

Re: Adding a map to mud

Post by syntax »

You have to put the registration keys in. Either that or you didn't a patched/hacked dll installed.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Where would I put the reg keys in? Are you talking about mod 1-9? I got those keys in. And I didn't patch/hack the dll, that I know of. I just using nightmare to edit it.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

BearFather wrote:Where would I put the reg keys in? Are you talking about mod 1-9? I got those keys in. And I didn't patch/hack the dll, that I know of. I just using nightmare to edit it.
Yes I was talking about the mods. That opens up maps 1-13(?) or something, can't recall exactly. May even just be 1-2, can't remember. But you need a hacked dll to use anything over the standard map numbers.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

So what do you have to hack in the dll to allow different map #'s? Just curious. Is it worth the effort to do that?

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

The hacked Dlls out there already take care of it.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

That's the problem, I have found several of the patchers, but they seem to be the same. But they throw flags in my anti virus. Now not feeling very safe running something on a server that I have no clue what it is. That why I was asking what does it require to edit it. I have a hex editor, added a second mud server so had to switch from wcc to wbb. Mind you I'm no guru but I am pretty decent doing this shit.

All tho I see I will have to edit the dll to make more classes now, so is there a trusted link out there for this?

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

It's not that simple. If you're concerned about the potential for a virus, download virtualbox and make yourself a sandbox (vm). Snapshot the vm, Put the dll on it, crack it, take it out. Close and restore snapshot.