Fixing the Orfeo bug

General MajorMUD Discussion
Grud

Fixing the Orfeo bug

Post by Grud »

Without going to specifics on how to abuse Orfeo, does anyone have info on how to prevent cash bugging? I have seen a few ops state they have fixed this and would like to do the same.

nibbana

Re: Fixing the Orfeo bug

Post by nibbana »

Hey Grud,

I am currently playing on your board. Message me in game and I will tell you how to fix this.

-nibbana

brookln300

Post by brookln300 »

I need to know how to fix this as well, I am currently having an issue with my board with users abusing this. Can someone please help me out on this and give me a few more specifics on how this is exactly happening? Message me privately

ODSBBS

Post by ODSBBS »

why doesn't someone just post how to fix it since every system is going to deal with this eventually... seems there is no secret among the cheaters or the groups going around doing it, so wouldn't it be better to put the knowledge out there like the bard crash bug so folks can't use that?

MegaMUD BBS (ODS BBS)
Operation DataStorm BBS
http://bbs.MegaMUD.com
http://ods.ods.net
~ Since 1987 ~
syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

ODSBBS wrote:why doesn't someone just post how to fix it since every system is going to deal with this eventually... seems there is no secret among the cheaters or the groups going around doing it, so wouldn't it be better to put the knowledge out there like the bard crash bug so folks can't use that?
This.

cjt

Post by cjt »

Very simple fix.

The issue is that Orfeo, as a store, has a 0% markup on items. This allows the right character to purchase and sell Bard scrolls for a profit. To fix:

Open the game's dats via Nightmare Redux
Select: Editors -> Shops
Search for keyword Orfeo, which will take you to "Orfeo Stuff", which is the name of the shop
You will notice in the 'markup' column the value is 0%
On the right above the store items there's a tab titled 'General Info'; click it to open
Set the markup to your preferred value (I use 285% like Blue Tower shops)
Save
Compile full update file

Fixed.

Necrosaro420

Post by Necrosaro420 »

Yeah ive never understood why people just wont post the bugs out in the open. Its not like they are a secret, and the game has been out and not updated in years. Just start a thread with all the bug fixes in it and get it over with already.