dwmapi.dl error windows xp

Questions, suggestions, ideas, and/or comments on MajorMUD Explorer.
Karl

dwmapi.dl error windows xp

Post by Karl »

I'm running version 1.9 on a virtual XP machine. The program loads and mostly works fine, but I get "run-time error 53: File not found: dwmapi.dll" when running certain things such as the exp calculator and the swing calculator, then it shuts down.

syntax
Site Admin

Re: dwmapi.dl error windows xp

Post by syntax »

I am not familiar and don't have that use case available to me. Gonna have to go to the Google on that one. I found this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/173 ... nder-winxp

Karl

Post by Karl »

I fixed it. I downloaded your source files from Github and removed the line from mudmonitors.bas that read "nRet = DwmGetWindowAttribute(F.hwnd, DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS, rcFrame, Len(rcWindow))" Seems to be working okay now. Would be nice if there was a way to make it it check to see if the OS was running Vista or higher before running that line of code.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

I'm impressed. Next time I put some work into it I'll try to work something up for it.

https://github.com/syntax53/MMUD-Explorer/issues/34

rytz

Post by rytz »

Karl wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:20 pm I fixed it. I downloaded your source files from Github and removed the line from mudmonitors.bas that read "nRet = DwmGetWindowAttribute(F.hwnd, DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS, rcFrame, Len(rcWindow))" Seems to be working okay now. Would be nice if there was a way to make it it check to see if the OS was running Vista or higher before running that line of code.
Karl was nice enough to send me a copy of his fixed WinXP EXE. I've attached it here for other WinXP users.

Thanks Karl!
Attachments
mudexplr.1.9.WinXP.fixed.exe.zip
(746.47 KiB) Downloaded 34 times