Nice MM info here

Anything goes.
Kukulkan

Nice MM info here

Post by Kukulkan »

Hey man, I really liked the old site. Glad to see you're still maintaining it and reworking things. Do plan to keep it as a forum, or is this just a transitional site?

Cheers

syntax
Site Admin

Re: Nice MM info here

Post by syntax »

Probably going to keep it as a forum. I am making differently styles though for the content areas. For example if you look at the quest info I posted so far the user information/avatars and stuff on the right are removed to make it look more like a page. The reason for doing this is it will enable all of the pages to be indexed for searching by phpbb, and it will make it much easier to upgrade the forum software. Our old site was so hacked with different patches here and there that it would take forever to keep it maintained.

Kukulkan

Re: Nice MM info here

Post by Kukulkan »

I hear you man, ease of administration is always a plus. The forum was just kind of vanilla so wasn't sure, but I agree it'll be really nice for indexing all the info.

I've just recently been getting back into the MUD scene lately, it's been a looong time! It's pretty cool to see some folks are still involved, from what I've gleaned, Merlin is back and is porting MegaMUD to C# or .net (forget which). Either way it bodes well for us old school "lo-tech" geeks.