Using Nexus Spear

General MajorMUD Discussion
cjt

Using Nexus Spear

Post by cjt »

How do you setup megamud to use nexus spear on mob, like it's casting a spell on the mob, and then re-attack with normal combat? Saw it in a YouTube video and the author said he uses spells to do it and to search mudinfo for the info. Can't find the thread.

BearFather

Re: Using Nexus Spear

Post by BearFather »

Well the mesg/resp is already build for it so just need to make the spell.

Create a new spell with the name "nexus spear", check evil in combat, player, and monster. In code add "#nxp", now save the settings.

Under per-attack under combat select #nxp and set the rest of the settings to your liking.

Dertyce

Post by Dertyce »

So I tried this, and set it as a pre-attack spell. While mega then uses the spear on the monster, it doesn't then auto attack afterwords. It just keeps trying to "use nexus spear" continually. What am I missing?

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I assume you set max cast for it to 1? Try lowering max damage to like 5 and see if that helps.

Dertyce

Post by Dertyce »

Yes, I did that. Max cast is 1 and max damage is 5, but it still just keeps trying to use the spear and not auto-combat.

Dertyce

Post by Dertyce »

I got some help and figured it out. If anyone else wants to know how to do it you need to set up a new spell. Check the boxes for Timed Duration, Evil in Combat, Player and Monster. The Special command is use nexus spear

Then you need to set up a message response, named Nexus Spear. The message is 'You use your spear and skewer {target} for {dmg} damage!'
Check the effects box for Last Action Failed, and the Action box for Check who is in the room.

I set up one more message response, called Spell Fail. The message is 'You have already cast a spell this round!' and check the boxes again for Last action failed, and Check who is in the room.

That should do the trick. set the spell up as a pre-attack spell, I left max damage as 99999 and max cast as one. I founded that I needed to save the char file, then exit out and reload it for it to work.