Yes: Light penalty(25% hp and items)
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 25
BearFather

Enable pvp penalties in Stock?

Post by BearFather »

So with pvp penalties you have several options.

Min HP percent to loose
Max HP percent to loose
Max percent of items to loose

Please make a comment/post on how you feel about the above settings if we enable it. IE. Want only hp punish or Want items and HP punish.

Setting not in the vote but for info:
Level of punishment for hangup:
None: Never punish
Low: Punish for pvp (attacking or attacked)
Med: Punish if in combat PVP or non PVP
High: Always punish

Buriedinfrost

Re: Enable pvp penalties in Stock?

Post by Buriedinfrost »

It is a PVP realm. Items are limited. Hoarding by people who don't say a word for months, without consequence, is the worst crime in all of MajorMUD. Especially, when there are dupes allowed, which tightens the available items further.

Off with their heads.

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance »

Not sure how my vote matches the poll, so I'm going to describe what I think would be good here:

- Penalty for hanging during PVP retaliation period, not for hanging during PVE fights. That'd be really annoying!

- No item loss but yes HP loss.

In my view, item loss would just put a huge incentive to hanging every script you see, all the time, in the hopes that you get lucky with some items, and would make scripting impossible (or encourage hoarding lims by hiding them instead of wearing them while scripting). We're all grown ups here and can't be at the computer 24/7, and honestly MUD sucks if you can't script.

- How much HP to lose? I'd say 25% to start, but i would have no problem increasing that later if it isn't sufficient...

hd0g

Post by hd0g »

goodriddance wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:34 pm.
That's a perfectly normal optional setting on most boards. The issue here is that retrain takes you out of the fight, so if you don't take the target down to -102 you haven't done anything.

Infinity

Post by Infinity »

goodriddance wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:34 pm Not sure how my vote matches the poll, so I'm going to describe what I think would be good here:

- Penalty for hanging during PVP retaliation period, not for hanging during PVE fights. That'd be really annoying!

- No item loss but yes HP loss.

In my view, item loss would just put a huge incentive to hanging every script you see, all the time, in the hopes that you get lucky with some items, and would make scripting impossible (or encourage hoarding lims by hiding them instead of wearing them while scripting). We're all grown ups here and can't be at the computer 24/7, and honestly MUD sucks if you can't script.

- How much HP to lose? I'd say 25% to start, but i would have no problem increasing that later if it isn't sufficient...
Agree 100% with this and think the poll should be changed to reflect this option.

CaccoDemon

Post by CaccoDemon »

Just going to put in my 2 cents.

I understand this is a pvp realm (apparently this means many different things to many people), rules were established when the realm was reset, and now it it appears there are a few people here, not the majority, who are constantly talking shit and trying to start problems. Now they want the rules changed to fit their agenda. (script killing to steal items) Not sure why the way they play is the only correct way. Used to be a nice community of people who helped each other unless someone was an outright a$$hole.

We are a dying breed that play mud and are all adults with careers and family's so we cant be at the keys constantly. Not to mention time zones. Some of us play this game to relax from life not deal with the same bullshit that we deal with all day. (somehow this is the wrong way to play according to these few) I guarantee that if items drop for penalties it will only incentivize script hunting which is not actual pvp. This will lead to less people playing which is sad because there are only a handful of us left in the world.

In Bear we trust.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

My thought is, if hang pen pass I will have a second poll to lock down what actually be changed. IE items and hp amounts.

doom

Post by doom »

CaccoDemon wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:50 am Just going to put in my 2 cents.

I understand this is a pvp realm (apparently this means many different things to many people), rules were established when the realm was reset, and now it it appears there are a few people here, not the majority, who are constantly talking shit and trying to start problems. Now they want the rules changed to fit their agenda. (script killing to steal items) Not sure why the way they play is the only correct way. Used to be a nice community of people who helped each other unless someone was an outright a$$hole.

We are a dying breed that play mud and are all adults with careers and family's so we cant be at the keys constantly. Not to mention time zones. Some of us play this game to relax from life not deal with the same bullshit that we deal with all day. (somehow this is the wrong way to play according to these few) I guarantee that if items drop for penalties it will only incentivize script hunting which is not actual pvp. This will lead to less people playing which is sad because there are only a handful of us left in the world.

In Bear we trust.
Me Agrees.

doom

Post by doom »

Hoarding and scripting with items also bad, must find happy medium, easier said than done.

Buriedinfrost

Post by Buriedinfrost »

I think its kind of a consensus that HPs need to be lost (-100 to die?), without an item penalty. This seems to make much more sense.

Also.. the sys teleporting out of pvp? That deserves a reroll.