MegaMUD PVP Missing Message List

General MajorMUD Discussion
syntax
Site Admin

MegaMUD PVP Missing Message List

Post by syntax »

From 2005--

Apparently you are a n00b if you don't know which messages megamud is missing in order to protect yourself from sneaky little people who try to exploit megamud. Since I am apparently a n00b, I'll start off with the one for sandstorm. Everyone please post what you know and i'll update this post. Post them in the same format as I.
  • Sandstorm protection -- submitted by syntax
    Name: Hangup - Sandstorm
    Ends with: N/A
    Response: N/A
    Action: Hangup
    Checkboxes: none

Optional: If you don't want to hangup from just anyone who casts it, replace {source} with the name of the person you want to hang up from. e.g. "Syntax weaves an intricate pattern in the air!". Create multiple entries for multiple people.
  • Nexus spear -- submitted by ray
    Name: Hangup - Nexus Spear
    Message: {source} uses their spear and skewers you for {dmg} damage!
  • Gnarled Wand - submitted by drago
    Name: Hangup - Gnarled Wand
    Message: {source} points a gnarled wand at you and utters "Shirzak!"
https://web.archive.org/web/20060325184 ... php?t=8873

cjt

Re: MegaMUD PVP Missing Message List

Post by cjt »

One message/response I never completely figured out was the party bug issues with MegaMUD. I'm not going to provide details on the bug, but let's assume for arguments sake that I can join your party without you inviting me. Once I do, your MegaMUD automatically upgrades me to 'Friendly'. From there, when I attack you, your MegaMUD goes in to an endless loop of trying to forgive me and doesn't recognize PVP is occurring. The only trigger to hangup is if HP dips below the predetermined threshold. As such, I whittle away at you and then try to land a huge round to finish the job.

Aside from setting up a message response for every undesirable player, "XYZ is now following you." triggers HANGUP, not sure how to solve this one.