Automated mudop

General MajorMUD Discussion
Larsen1906

Automated mudop

Post by Larsen1906 »

Does anyone have a guide on configuring an automated mudop with megamud? I completely forget how to set up the messages/responses.

telnet tdrbbs.ddns.net
cjt

Re: Automated mudop

Post by cjt »

Got you covered...

-If you want to configure @home commands so that users can ask the Mud Bot whether a boss is home, you need to select 'Has Mudop Access' under the BBS tab. To provide each user access to this feature, you simply need to enable to 'Query Version' remote option for each user. No other remote control feature needs to be enabled.

-To enable automated command based on user requests, use the following syntax. This example is written to retain a user upon request:

Message/Response:
Name: RETRAIN
User Only for this Character
Message: {1} telepaths: !retrain (I use a ! before command usually, but its not required syntax)
Response: sys god {1} retrain^M/{1} Done!!^M
Find: Anywhere in Text, Anywhere in Conversation

The above example reads the character name and designates it with a the variable {1} when the user telepaths !retrain to the Mud Bot. Next, the Mud Bot retrains the user using the variable to type the name and then telepaths the user noting that the action has been performed.

This same method can be used for any process you wish to automate such as:
sys god USER neutral/good/criminal/villian/etc
sys god user add evil ##
sys god user retrain

Let me know if you have questions.

Sludge

Post by Sludge »

you can also substitute {1} with {source}
It was easier to remember when first learning how to make these responses

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

did you set it to check find anywhere in conversation and find anywhere in text and set action to check who is in the room

heihachii420

Post by heihachii420 »

Not sure why you did a "retrain" thingy..that doesn't help us who ain't that good at this stuff.
Please show use a @home msg/responce? :ugeek:

heihachii420

Post by heihachii420 »

Oh and one more thing...where do i find this "Query Version" cant seem to find it

heihachii420

Post by heihachii420 »

Got it figured out, thanks :D

cjt

Post by cjt »

heihachii420 wrote:Not sure why you did a "retrain" thingy..that doesn't help us who ain't that good at this stuff.
Please show use a @home msg/responce? :ugeek:

I used 'retrain' as an example because the @home feature is innate to Megamud and need not be setup. You simply provide the proper remote commands to your users on the character that has mudop abilities.