Magical Weapon vs. Hit Magical

General MajorMUD Discussion
Corvette

Magical Weapon vs. Hit Magical

Post by Corvette »

I have figured out (the hard way) that some monsters require a certain magical level weapon to hit. :shock:

So I started looking through MajorMUD explorer and noticed something:

Some weapons say magical level X, and some say Hit Magical +X. What is the difference, if any?

virucizer

Re: Magical Weapon vs. Hit Magical

Post by virucizer »

Witchunters or other classes with the AntiMagic flag can equip weapons with HitMagic, but they cannot equip weapons that are Magical. Thats about it.

I believe HitMagic stacks with any class HitMagic, so if a mystic has class-provided innate HitMagic +5 and equips a HitMagic +3 weapon, he will be able to hit Magic 8 monsters. If the same mystic equips a Magical +3 weapon, he will be able to hit Magic 5 monsters.

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

virucizer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:27 pm Witchunters or other classes with the AntiMagic flag can equip weapons with HitMagic, but they cannot equip weapons that are Magical. Thats about it.

I believe HitMagic stacks with any class HitMagic, so if a mystic has class-provided innate HitMagic +5 and equips a HitMagic +3 weapon, he will be able to hit Magic 8 monsters. If the same mystic equips a Magical +3 weapon, he will be able to hit Magic 5 monsters.
Sorry to dig up a very old post.

Just to clairfy. A warrior with a HitMagic +4 couldn't hit a monster of magic level 4. But would require a Magical +4 weapon or higher to hit it. Correct? Or could the warrior hit said monster with either a Magical +4 weapon or a HitMagic +4 weapon?

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Hitmagic-4 = magiclal 4

Mob has magical 4, weapon has to be magical 4 or greater. You need to meet or beat the number.

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

BearFather wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:46 am Hitmagic-4 = magiclal 4

Mob has magical 4, weapon has to be magical 4 or greater. You need to meet or beat the number.
Thank you for the clarification. Strange wording they have between the two if they are virtually the same thing.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Yeah hitmagic is for witchunters and mystics. Since witchunters can't use magical their class gets hitmagic flag. Mystics also get it for their hands and feet, if I remember right the item they holding can get them past this too but I don't think that was always the case.