Majormud 1.11n path issue

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Freejack

Majormud 1.11n path issue

Post by Freejack »

Hello, A friend an I ran MajorMud for a while back in 2004-2006 WG is 3.20nt MajorMud is 1.11n . This version had a path that had to be edited in order to not give an Access Violation read attempt 0. only happens on the Slimy sewers path which is the change to Map 9 at room 148 where you go down from the rickety swaying bridge. We both remember it being a hex edit that fixed it we just can ot remember what it is exactly. This seems to be the only forums left with anyone who might know. Any help is appreciated we both love to play Majormud, we just wanted our own private hell to experiment with and terrorize everyone in it.

syntax
Site Admin

Re: Majormud 1.11n path issue

Post by syntax »

Did you put in all of your registration codes?

Freejack

Post by Freejack »

Yes you can go everywhere else except to this are that changes to map 9. Anything map 9 cause it to Access Violation attempt to read from 0. Which crashes the board. We both remember having to do a hex edit to fix a path for this map or the like so the map worked correctly. It has been 6 years so we don't remember specifics. I want to buy another complete setup, just haven;t had any luck. also looking to buy a used board if anyone has one to sell with Majormud. This ran 6 years ago, just forgot something.

Freejack

Post by Freejack »

syntax you were right we had a key in wrong. All good now, it wasn't the trap door hex fix I was thinking about.