Limited items disappeared from room and limited items list

General MajorMUD Discussion
Shadow

Re: Limited items disappeared from room and limited items li

Post by Shadow »

The limited items disappeared from your gang shop floors because you have the option to "sweep gangshop" set to yes, so when the bbs performs cleanup, the items were swept up and disappeared.
Oh, and about this, I looked but can't find where to change this setting. I looked at the general setup utility for WG, looked at WCCMUD tabs, but didn't see that option. There was coinsweep and ganghouse coinsweep, but nothing for gangshop sweep that I could see. What am I missing?

Joker

Post by Joker »

Shadow wrote:So you can know ahead of time whether or not an item will drop, even if it's a 1% item by checking the list? So if I do a lim check and the spider silk trousers are not listed as on a monster, then when I kill the tasloi shaman, the trousers are not going to drop?
Correct!

Joker

Post by Joker »

Shadow wrote:
The limited items disappeared from your gang shop floors because you have the option to "sweep gangshop" set to yes, so when the bbs performs cleanup, the items were swept up and disappeared.
Oh, and about this, I looked but can't find where to change this setting. I looked at the general setup utility for WG, looked at WCCMUD tabs, but didn't see that option. There was coinsweep and ganghouse coinsweep, but nothing for gangshop sweep that I could see. What am I missing?
It's been awhile since I've looked at the settings for MMud, this may be as (CJT?) suggested, if the ganghouse for that shop is not currently owned by someone, it will be auto-swept. You may have to purchase the ganghouse before you can store items on the shop floor.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Joker wrote: It's been awhile since I've looked at the settings for MMud, this may be as (CJT?) suggested, if the ganghouse for that shop is not currently owned by someone, it will be auto-swept. You may have to purchase the ganghouse before you can store items on the shop floor.
I know that's not true. On my edited board no one had ever bought the green house and there was tons of items siting at the shop, great stash spot for orc heads. Really think he has a bigger issue. You guys say ignore the list but the list is showing non limited items as limited. He has a mob listing the whip as a limited and on a mob that should not be dropping that.

Item warhammer Monster 3927 (master assassin)
Item whip Monster 4279 (crimson high priest)

Just my 2 cents.

cjt

Post by cjt »

BearFather wrote:
Joker wrote: It's been awhile since I've looked at the settings for MMud, this may be as (CJT?) suggested, if the ganghouse for that shop is not currently owned by someone, it will be auto-swept. You may have to purchase the ganghouse before you can store items on the shop floor.
I know that's not true. On my edited board no one had ever bought the green house and there was tons of items siting at the shop, great stash spot for orc heads. Really think he has a bigger issue. You guys say ignore the list but the list is showing non limited items as limited. He has a mob listing the whip as a limited and on a mob that should not be dropping that.

Item warhammer Monster 3927 (master assassin)
Item whip Monster 4279 (crimson high priest)

Just my 2 cents.
Here's an excerpt from my SYS LIST NEWLIMITED command:

Item switch User Priest
Item sword Monster 1883 (Lord of the Hunt)
Item tapestry Monster 1690 (night hag)
Item target shield Map 1 Room 2303
Item wall Monster 821 (gigantic black ooze)
Item war mattock Map 1 Room 81

Honestly, before this post I had never heard of the 'newlimited' command. The limited items in my realm function completely normal. No issues. I think there's just something screwy with the sysop command. I can't even find the command in the release notes. It could be one of those legacy commands that's no longer used and no longer returns correct data.

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Hey thanks everyone, I was able to get all my items back by downloading NM and resetting the never killed flag on all the AR dudes, everything dropped normally.

Still not 100% sure why they poofed in the first place, but I'll just avoid storing things in the gangshops for now.

Appreciate the help, I had never used any sort of game editor before, very interesting stuff.

Joker

Post by Joker »

The SYS LIST NEWLIMITED command was designed to be used by Sysops to see only the limited items available in the MOD-10 area. The intent was to start a new limited listing instead of having the entire realms limited items in one list. It was supposed to make it easier for sysops to determine the status of limited items, Mod 1-9 would be in the sys list limited command, while mod 10+ would be found in the newlimited command. Unfortunately, Mod-10 was never released, although some of the coding for Mod-10 items and areas can be found in the 1.11P version. As it stands, the NEWLIMITED command requests information that is not available in the database, and some that is. It was also never completely separated from the original SYS LIST LIM command, so you may or may not see original limiteds in the list as well.

The reason you are seeing items which are non-lims on the list is because, when you type the NewLimited command, it performs a boolean search for the item #, as well as location and status. If that item is not in the database, it will continue to search until it finds a number match, and display that item. For example, let's say the list was looking for the Vortex Sword, item # 0A59. The Vortex Sword was never coded into the database, so the command now continues searching the "entire" mud dat file for a match to 0A59. The goblin cave opening has a description file which contains the sequence "0A59", so the NewLimited command captures this section, and reports it back to the command file. So, when the list displays, it may say "Item Cave Opening Monster 2389 (Lady of the Dark). I've never been able to see the LoD, but I'm sure she doesn't have a cave opening. :D

You can reset and recover to your hearts content, but the NEWLIMITED command will always be skewed. At least, until they finally release Mod 10! :roll:

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I'm the actual dumbass here. I thought he was doing "sys list lim" and not "sys list newlim". So that's where I fucked up. That's what happens when you read a thread in the first 15 min of waking up.

cjt

Post by cjt »

Thanks for the exceptional explanation, Joker. Makes sense.

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Thanks for the MMud scholarship Joker, I'm glad I asked.