Farwest trivia in MajorMUD

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
syntax
Site Admin

Farwest trivia in MajorMUD

Post by syntax »

Is there a way to make farwest trivia broadcast into MajorMUD? I thought there was but I can't see to find any setting to enable it. I have the global ability of FWT enabled, and I can type "trivia on" and "trivia display" from MMUD to see the question, but the incremental global messages don't come through.

AdmiralAcid

Re: Farwest trivia in MajorMUD

Post by AdmiralAcid »

I have just installed Farwest Trivia and have done this. I love and hate it.

I have the Entertainment collection installed.

The games are not for my board so I have disabled them.
wgsenabled.jpg
I now have two Teleconferences in my module list. What I was looking for is the Teleconference (galtele) and Tele-Trivia modules enabled. You'll notice I have another Telechat-Trivia module, that is something different, disregard.

I added a page to my menu tree (wgsrunmt) and pointed it to my only teleconference. (i have disabled the original teleconference).
wgsrunmt-teleconf.jpg
Next I'll be in General Setup.
wgsgeneralSetup.jpg
Here I can do one of two things, make it global (typing "trivia on" anywhere [or what ever you select as its pre-fix]) or have it start in a teleconference Channel.

Both have its ups and downs. They appear to be different modules, running at different times. FW TRIVIA module seems to be a different game from the Entertainment version. You can play them both in the FW trivia module with the 'trivia on' command.

Here is my Audit trail. Notice my normal FW trivia module loads near the top, but my Trivia for Entertainment Teleconference has also been linked.
Attachments
wgsaudit.jpg