WG and Megamud MUDREV

Discussion relating specifically to the popular MudRev dats.
RandalThor

WG and Megamud MUDREV

Post by RandalThor »

I am setting up a new board, and want to run MudRev. But, I have a couple questions.
  • Dialsoft 5.62 - I have the .exe to install Dialsoft, but it is asking for a activation code. Do you have an idea on where I can find that?
  • MudRev - I see on here there are the .rar files for "MudEvolved", "MudRevV11p", and "SiliconRev". Do I need to install all 3, or just one?
  • MegaMud - Are there files for importing the Monster, Spells, Classes, Races, Items into MegaMud for Mudrev? I see the path files for download in the forums, but curious about the rest of it.
Thanks!

syntax
Site Admin

Re: WG and Megamud MUDREV

Post by syntax »

#1) Can't help you with that. A couple more posts on here and you may find the info. I think it's on the facebook group, too.

#2) I believe each of them are individual releases / versions. As to the exact definition of them and their contents, I am not sure. Even on the post where you got those I stated that I was hoping someone could describe them, one day :)

#3) I have not seen anyone post the classes and races. I created them for my board and packaged it into a megamud install that did it all for my users. I have attached the classes and races file from that. These would/should be placed into the folder for the BBS (e.g. Megamud\BBS\bbs_name). I suppose it could work going into the default too if the megamud instance is only going to be mudrev. Not sure if that would have any negative effects or not.

Let us know if it works.
Attachments
Mudrev races and classes.zip
(1.66 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

masterstooge

Post by masterstooge »

How did you get the message/response for the new spells imported into mega (outside of manually inputting the information)? Furthermore, how do you get Mega to know what new content is a friend or foe?

Orrrrrr, is this all moot because the persons who created MudRev made the new content similar enough to the original that Mega doesn't flip out or not work at all?

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

It can learn most of it on the fly. There are a few things you have to manually add/change along the way as they pop up. Like spells and weapon types and stuff.

masterstooge

Post by masterstooge »

Another question for you Syntax, are you the guy who has the YouTube page up with the "MudRev MegaMUD character setup part 1", "Initial MudRev (SiliconRev) WG install | MudRev 001" and boss fights/quests all captured on it?

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

masterstooge wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:29 pm Another question for you Syntax, are you the guy who has the YouTube page up with the "MudRev MegaMUD character setup part 1", "Initial MudRev (SiliconRev) WG install | MudRev 001" and boss fights/quests all captured on it?
no

masterstooge

Post by masterstooge »

OK, i have been looking for answers to these questions and stumbled upon this guy's YouTube page. very informative stuff for people installing a new board.

Raybdbomb

Post by Raybdbomb »

masterstooge wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:29 pm Another question for you Syntax, are you the guy who has the YouTube page up with the "MudRev MegaMUD character setup part 1", "Initial MudRev (SiliconRev) WG install | MudRev 001" and boss fights/quests all captured on it?
That's me