Tweaks & suggestions

Moderator: BearFather

goodriddance

Re: Tweaks & suggestions

Post by goodriddance »

Oh, interesting!! I can't see the god's tears buffs in my MME, which says 'texblock not found' for the textblock 10863 that gtea triggers. Very cool to know that there's something else in there; it might change which socket I use!

Thanks Bear!

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance »

Seems like all is well in the realm these days!

I just wanted to mark down a few bugs that might require fixing for the next update/patch. These are just a few minor things I've noticed. I've talked to you about them in the realm at various times, but no reason to have to trust our memories eh? :)

- Erevis Cale jacket bless doesn't work
- Githyanki quest: necromancers don't drop souls
- Scroll regen for various spells in Amlambar: many don't seem to regen and are present in 0 or 1 copy.

Thanks for everything Bear!

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance »

Wow, I can't believe I'm shooting myself in the foot this way, but I think that you need to nerf the warlocks/gypsies of the realm. The room spell you added for us (which is AWESOME by the way) might be just a little bit too powerful.

Warlock acid fog (room spell):
850-1950 damage (-MR)

Ranger nature's horde (room spell):
770-1450 damage (-MR)

Mage Otiluke's spheres (room spell):
1780-2580 damage (-MR)

The thing is, warlocks and rangers can also wear a +50% spell damage helmet (but mages cannot).

So real average damage for the lock, ranger & mage look like:

warlock: 2100
ranger: 1665
mage: 2180

Yep, in other words, the warlock's room spell is as good as what a mage gets!

My suggestion: make the warlock spell equal to the ranger's.

Or change crystal studded helm from +50% spell damage to something more reasonable, like +10%. This was always an insanely overpowered item, which kinda unbalances leather vs silk wearers, and no other item in the game comes close to being as good for damage output.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Well the warlock should be better then a ranger, but with that said should not be as good as a mage. I will have to look at the helm, cause +50% damage wow I had to be really baked that day. The helm seems to be the one wildly out of place.

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance »

ha!! agreed, probably a good idea to take a look at the helm. if you do that, the spells are probably fine as-is.

(rest of the realm is gonna be pissed at me for telling you about that helm haha...)

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance »

I was looking through MME and there are a few pretty cool level 90-95 items that Bear already made but that I don't think ever got put in the game:

sandworm hide armbands: 3/1 AC, resist all +10
scorpion armbands: 2.5/0.8 ac, crits+3, maxdam+1, jumpk+2, bsmindmg+10 (<-- nice mystic item!)
nethril arcane sash, nethril guard sash, nethril scout sash have nice bonuses for casters, melee and sneakers respectively

Seems like the nethril items would be cool drops from the Princes or maybe just stocked in a shop in Thul. Sandworm & scorpion armbands could probably be bought in Thul, Amlambar, or the Gith villages.

What do you think, Bear?

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Actually those were suppose to be in a shop with the bedine wagon. Well that didn't work out so they never made it into the game.

But I do like the idea of princes dropping them. Maybe future release.

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance »

OK Bear I found something you should change for the next round of edits:

Szass Tam's hand give spellimmunity +30 - this is a very cool idea! But one big problem is that the lvl 120 gauntlet heals (e.g. remorhaz, blue ice) are spell level 22. So you can no longer cast heals on your silk wearing ninja, mystic, mage etc. party members.

The fix would be simple: just increase the spell level of that 'godheal' spell to 31 or higher.

(BTW this also affects all buffs - like resist fire, or smite, or frenzy, that are cast on you by any other player. But I think that's a small price to pay for the Szass Tam stats in general...)

Thanks!

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

That is semi by design. The bonuses it gives are pretty high, and that 30 spell immune is a double edge sword. But let me ponder on the guant issue, I'm not sure if I like it or not.

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance »

sure, that makes sense. i guess it really depends if you want silk armor wearers to get excited about szass tam...

self-spells are exempted from the spell immunity, so anyone with leather, chain, scale or plate armor can still wear it and heal themselves.

but if you run a mystic/ninja/mage and want your party member to heal you, it's a strong incentive to skip it...

(i'm running a mystic right now and way of inner peace and power of adrenaline make healing fine, but i would probably take szass tam off if i had a ninja or mage, since they have no straightforward similar heal...)

anyway, think about what you want over a bowl!