Winterhawk's MegaMud Paths

syntax
Site Admin

Winterhawk's MegaMud Paths

Post by syntax »

These are MegaMud paths fixed/created by Winterhawk. There are tons of new paths to mod9 areas as well as many fixes to already created paths. View the readme file.

Download with installer:
Winterhawks_Paths_Installer_v2.0.zip
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 11714 times
The installer program performs the steps below for you. It provides options for cleaning out your Default, Char, and BBS folders. Created by syntax53.
  • v1.0 - First Release
  • v1.01 - This fixes the megamud.exe not found issue and adds options for removing the old files. This is an installer only update. No newer paths are included.
  • v2.0 - New Paths and more options

Download the files only:
Winterhawks_Paths_Files_Only_v2.0.zip
(851.25 KiB) Downloaded 7449 times
Manual Installation instructions for replacement default megamud paths. In order to have the most trouble free installation with no path or room conflicts it is best to delete all old paths and databases.
  1. Close all instances of Megamud.
  2. Make a backup of your megamud folder.
  3. Delete the c:\program files\megamud\default folder.
  4. Go into megamud\chars\all and remove all files then do the same for each char folder except players.md and macros.md.
  5. Go into each folder under megamud and delete all files except the bbs.ini,macros.md and players.md .
  6. Unzip the default.zip file and place the enclosed default folder in c:\program files\megamud\ where it replaces the default folder you deleted.
  7. Restart megamud and give it a try. If all went well you should now have an installation of megamud that no longer gets lost, knows all the newer spells and items and works better than ever before.
Detailed MegaMUD Setup instructions: http://www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2059

Exodus

Re: Winterhawk's MegaMud Paths

Post by Exodus »

If Winterhawk is willing to work with me, I can make a pull request to the source for this and update the installer to figure out and fix these kinds of problems altogether.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Exodus wrote:If Winterhawk is willing to work with me, I can make a pull request to the source for this and update the installer to figure out and fix these kinds of problems altogether.
I made the installer

Kevrick

Post by Kevrick »

Fantastic update. I know it's been a couple years, but it's awesome.

Bodhi359

Post by Bodhi359 »

So I may be doing something wrong here I dont know. I install the paths using the installer and many of the paths dont work at all. For examples the mithril mines complete loops doesn't work and I cant get from the serpentkin village to the dark elf fort because the path gets lost in crystal caverns.

Did I miss a step or something?