Let's talk about a 4th.

Moderator: BearFather

Ayukawa

Let's talk about a 4th.

Post by Ayukawa »

Hey Bear, what do you think about allowing us to have a 4th character on Edited once we hit level 90?

- At these higher levels, the grind is kinda rough with big gaps between 90, 120, and 160, and there isn't much to do with the characters aside from script them.

- A fourth would let us be active and interact with lower level and newer players while we let the big guys do their big guy things.

- We're just getting some active players up in the high area, with Ill's chars even approaching cap soon. Let's not need to roll them to try something new.

- Any character started while the others are 90 is going to be far-enough behind that it would be a very long time before somebody has 4 level 90+ characters.

What do ya think?

-Ayukawa

Locrian Mode, Aeolian Mode, Lydian Mode
Wintermute

Re: Let's talk about a 4th.

Post by Wintermute »

I think that would be cool, too. I would be in favor of a level cap for the 4th. We could twink them out and pvp.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I hate to say is that is one rule I'm stead fast on.

Sometimes coming out of that scripting spot is worth more. Hell all the times it's more exp to boss hunt and do dailies then to script for that hour.

I was side tracked there...

At 3 characters it forces you to party with other players to actually get shit done. And that's whats mud is all about.

iLLprophet

Post by iLLprophet »

i like where your head is at with this.

At this point Bendy and iLL are capped and Hammond is probably two weeks away.

A fourth could be fun around the 90-120 range.

Either that or we all need to start being really active with helping create new content and open up the cap to 200 and beyond.
We all have great ideas and I bet we could get some great content going provided Bear has the time to write it in.
My 2

Ayukawa

Post by Ayukawa »

BearFather wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 pm I hate to say is that is one rule I'm stead fast on.
I respect that. I'm going to argue anyway, cause that's what I do :)
BearFather wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 pm Sometimes coming out of that scripting spot is worth more. Hell all the times it's more exp to boss hunt and do dailies then to script for that hour.
My three alone can run virtually every non-edited boss in the realm and not come close to the 10m+/hr apiece that they're making now.

I was side tracked there...
BearFather wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 pm At 3 characters it forces you to party with other players to actually get shit done. And that's whats mud is all about.
A 4th character that starts 90 levels behind the others isn't going to be helping with anything my other 3 can't already do on their own. I'd still be teaming up with Illpro or Winter to get shit done (or, more accurately, die trying).

Here's what a 4th character WOULD do:

- Allow me to experiment. I've never played a witchy and would like to mess around with that. Or maybe some other weird race/class combo.
- Give me a character to team up with some of the lower level players that isn't going to just oneshot everything.
- Give me something to do during the day when I'm bored out of my mind watching my characters script and Ill/Winter aren't around to get shit done with.

Just throwing shit out there. :)

-Ayukawa

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Ayukawa wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 am I respect that. I'm going to argue anyway, cause that's what I do :)
No harm in trying.
Ayukawa wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 am My three alone can run virtually every non-edited boss in the realm and not come close to the 10m+/hr apiece that they're making now.
Then you need to hit harder bosses, and do more dailies.
Ayukawa wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 am A 4th character that starts 90 levels behind the others isn't going to be helping with anything my other 3 can't already do on their own. I'd still be teaming up with Illpro or Winter to get shit done (or, more accurately, die trying).
My three where 100+ when I made cordio. But then again cord has been rolled so many times cause I get bored and he was my throw away guy. Had to make a priest to survive the harder shit with my squishy two. He died a lot with the other two, thats why he scripted solo and went and played on his own.

Ayukawa wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 am Here's what a 4th character WOULD do:

- Allow me to experiment. I've never played a witchy and would like to mess around with that. Or maybe some other weird race/class combo.
- Give me a character to team up with some of the lower level players that isn't going to just oneshot everything.
- Give me something to do during the day when I'm bored out of my mind watching my characters script and Ill/Winter aren't around to get shit done with.

Just throwing shit out there. :)
Roll your third and have some more fun experiment and have fun with that one. And don't power level so hard;)

Mind you I love the input and the debate, don't take any of my remarks as mean, but more dickish;)

Ayukawa

Post by Ayukawa »

BearFather wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:16 pm Then you need to hit harder bosses, and do more dailies.
Well, where I am at right now, there's about 2-3 matrons I can handle without help and that's pretty much it.

I miss doing dailies, and would happily do them if there were any worth my time. Unfortunately at higher levels it's worth more to script, and the dailies are more or less just a nice bonus for helping lower level people do them. The only one that's worth more than my normal scripting rate is Many Arrows and they still destroy me at my level. It'd be nice to add some new dailies with rewards making them worthwhile, but iirc you said there were some limitations on adding more. If there were dailies worth 25-30m in thultanthar, i think it'd be worth making the trek out there.

BearFather wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:16 pm Roll your third and have some more fun experiment and have fun with that one. And don't power level so hard;)
I've seriously considered rolling my ranger more than once, but I'll probably wait to see if they get any love in an upcoming patch. It's taken so long to get up here to where I can start doing the high-end content though that I hate the idea of setting myself back months.

-Ayukawa

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Thats why you start to party, I bet an hour hanging with ill killing shit you make more then 10 mil.

I make no promises with rangers other then I will have a look and see what I can do.