The Gimme Thread

Moderator: BearFather

Ayukawa

The Gimme Thread

Post by Ayukawa »

Spellcasters don't get anything past yuan-ti petrified tail at level 60 (and it's lim-3). Combat classes don't get anything after the black ada. gear or if they're lucky, whip of fangs after level 70 until level 100, and then it's only one weapon until 120. Even at 120, there's only a small handful of weapons, one of which is lim-1. Hardly anything can backstab.

We need weapons!

Rangers don't get a spell after level 25, probably because there isn't any Druid-2 magic. It'd be nice to see something done here. Maybe a backstab enhancing spell, assuming we get weapons that can backstab later on. Maybe a stealth buff since supernatural stealth has been removed. Another healing spell was already mentioned. #MakeRangersCombat-4Again!

Spells don't seem to continue past 90. That's going to hurt. Maybe it's time for a new roomspell since we've been using spst/wave since 60/65. Moar spells!

All in all, Chult, Menzo, Thultanthar and everything are really cool, but 60+ is really lacking in weapons and magic (armor seems to be in a good place, but it definitely seems that upgraded crystal studded beats the pants off of the level 90 stuff).

-Ayukawa

Locrian Mode, Aeolian Mode, Lydian Mode
BearFather

Re: The Gimme Thread

Post by BearFather »

You make a couple valid points, will look at adding more spells to the ranger list.

There is a few staves at 90, but the quest is more like 100 to get, mme doesn't show it. Socketed staff is what I'm referring too. But will look at adding more cause it is lacking at high levels.

Also all the lvl 90+ spells don't show correctly in MME for some reason, I think it's because they are not obtained from normal means. Try enabling unknown items in MME (options/settings/uncheck "only load items....shops that are in game)

Ayukawa

Post by Ayukawa »

Okay, if I'm reading MME correctly, Mage gets a half a dozen new spells past level 90, Druid gets 1.

I'm sure this is purely an oversight, and you're going to quickly make new druid spells for it to catch up. :) When you do, I REALLY think there needs to be a roomspell called Starfury with the casting code of STFU.

-Ayukawa

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Just doing a quick look I counted 4 druid spells over 90, but that was only a quick look and I know I'm missing two in that count. Like I said mme doesn't show spells correctly past lvl 90

Ayukawa

Post by Ayukawa »

My observations regarding those mad loots based on what my MME shows me, which may or may not be correct.

According to MME, there are no rings above level 50, is that right? Quest and GJR upgrades would be really nice.

Red sunstone wristband is a sweet upgrade but the only thing between 50 and 120. We have two wrists, so more would be neat.

Belts could use some love. Not seeing much past level 50 on those.

Netheril sashes look sexy as fuck, but don't know what the drop conditions are. Could Baenre's head be set to drop regardless of quest status so we can do the quest AND get a head? It's not like it's an easy kill.

Necklaces don't have anything past the upgraded feathers until 90 and we still don't know how to get those.

40 to 100 is kinda a long wait for a cloak upgrade from the questor cloak, although the 100 cloaks are pretty sexy.

Doesn't look like anything for shield/off-hand past level 70.

-Ayukawa

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Rings:
Hmm I thought I had some rings at lvl 70,90, and 120. But looking I'm not seeing them...I will look into that, always looking to fill out those secondary slots

Wrists:
Yeah never really added much to this slot mainly cause there some really good items already.

Belts:
Hmm I was thinking the krakken belts where higher level, point taken.

Necklaces:
I stayed away from this cause people complained when I added them and they had to take of their feathers. Maybe I should look at doing some higher lvls since feathers are lvl 40. Maybe a lvl 90 feather.

Shields:
You as a shield user you think I would add more of these.

It seems now that more people are hitting the lvl 90+ range time to really work on some new items to fill gaps.

Jek

Post by Jek »

- As discussed in realm, some ideas for backstab users; and a few other things -

Ninja - Replacement for the level 30 unique questor

Level 60 Worn item from Gnome merchent - Jet black insignia
  • AC: 1/1, Magical +6, Crits +6, Dodge +3, Max Dmg +3,
    BsAccy +60, BsMaxDmg +30, BsMinDmg +15, Loyal
Suggestion for level 100 armor set
  • Khalif's combat upgrade available for Erevis armor set

Bard - Replacement for the level 30 unique questor

Level 60 Off-hand from Orfeo - Songbook
  • AC: 4/2, Quality +50, Magical +4, Hps +250, Crits +6,
    BsAccu +30 BsMinDmg +15, RoomIllu +200, Loyal
  • Song of Mass distraction [Once per day (Confusion +50, Area affect)]

Ranger - New spell, upgraded swarm, camoflage, and resists

Level 50 Spell - Improved Camoflage
  • Target: Self
    Attack Type: Normal -- Stealth +60, BSAccu +30, for 70 rounds
Level 90 Spell - Natures horde
  • Target: Full Attack Area
    Attack Type: Normal -- Damage(-MR) 350 to 700
Level 100 Spell - Resist elements
  • Target: Self
    Attack Type: Normal -- +25 Resist all elements, 70 rounds

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I really like these ideas, with some lvl tweaks of course. But very solid.