Web based MME

Questions, suggestions, ideas, and/or comments on MajorMUD Explorer.
BearFather

Web based MME

Post by BearFather »

I have a question ever thought about converting this into a web site? Not the whole project but maybe just the mobs, items and txtblock linking. I can read C code somewhat but I can't do a deep dive into it. But PHP/Bash I do know, and know very well. So I would personally like to do it but the magic of MME is what I need help on.

I think it be nice for players stuck at work unable to access MME could look and drool and plan their mob hunting from work.

PS. Can't post this to MME so placed it here.

syntax
Site Admin

Re: Web based MME

Post by syntax »

I don't think it's worth the time and effort. Most people can install MME at work or else where and those that can't could/should figure out some remote control option.

RE: MME forum: there are two MME sections. One under "content" and one here under "majormud." You should be able to post here.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

That explains why I couldn't post. Thought I was able too...

Ok fair enough it wouldn't be a huge demand for it.

Joker

Post by Joker »

I may be the only one, (so yes, it may not be worth the effort), but I would definitely like to see this. I happen to be one of those who can't access MME at work, nor load a remote option as I use a government computer.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

how bout some one put mme a on vpn or whatever????

Raybdbomb

Post by Raybdbomb »

For the record I'm also in favor of a web version. Probably not worth the effort, but if it just existed already, I would use the crap out of it.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

If your up for it Syntax I would be willing to work with you on this to make a web version. Maybe start with a version that just displays stats on items and mobs. If you leave all the real work to the real MME version, more of a simpler way for admins to post MME data to a website.

Storm

Post by Storm »

BearFather wrote:I have a question ever thought about converting this into a web site? Not the whole project but maybe just the mobs, items and txtblock linking. I can read C code somewhat but I can't do a deep dive into it. But PHP/Bash I do know, and know very well. So I would personally like to do it but the magic of MME is what I need help on.

I think it be nice for players stuck at work unable to access MME could look and drool and plan their mob hunting from work.

PS. Can't post this to MME so placed it here.

I like this idea especially for stock. It would be kind of like mudcentral's page but more current, easier to use and have more things to look at like textblocks. Would be great to show those for NPC like give/recieve.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

theres the kyau wiki and was looking at it today and kyau is back to working on it
https://kyau.net/wiki/Category:MajorMUD

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I'm more looking for a system where I can load in my edited info for my players, I know someone in FB decided to do something but it's off sql and for stock also. Everyone working on stock info which is great, but not useful for all the edited realms. I will see what that guy does, if he leaves it at stock maybe I will build one that can read from the MDB files to load custom content.