How to setup Dialsoft?

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
iofhua

How to setup Dialsoft?

Post by iofhua »

I have installed Worldgroup 3.30 and Dialsoft Control 4.0 (for Worldgroup 3.x). The setup completed without any problems - now where do I find it? I don't see an entry for it in Security & Accounting, General Setup, or Hardware Setup. I have logged into my BBS as Sysop and don't see an entry for it there.

I don't see an entry for it in Offline Utilities. However if I run WGSDMOD (disable or reenable selected modules) in Offline Utilities, Dialsoft CONTROL shows up as a thing I could disable, if I wanted to. That's the only entry for Dialsoft I've been able to find in all of Worldgroup so far.

Does anyone have more experience with Dialsoft that could lend me a hand? I just want to get in there and setup IP restrictions (2 accounts per IP).

Thanks for your help.

iofhua

Re: How to setup Dialsoft?

Post by iofhua »

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to run "wgsrunmt" and add the entry for dialsoft at the main menu of the BBS.

iofhua

Post by iofhua »

So under TCP/IP Control in Dialsoft, would I enter:

IP Control: *.*.*.*
IP Scope: 1 - 255
Max Number of Users from this IP: 2

To set up a limit of 2 accounts per IP? Or would this create a maximum of 2 accounts from any IP? (limiting my BBS to two active accounts)

*Is there an easy way to set up a two account per IP restriction in this? So far it looks like you have to add a separate rule for each possible IP. That's inconvenient, just a lot.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

iofhua

Post by iofhua »

Thanks!