ChaosBBS PVP Realm 27th June 7PM PST

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
Spider

ChaosBBS PVP Realm 27th June 7PM PST

Post by Spider »

BBS will be up and running on 27th June 7PM PST.

BBS Info
•Name of BBS: Chaos BBS
•Address of BBS: chaosbbs.dnsdynamic.com
•Price: Free
•Are nightly backups made: Yes/Full Server
•WG Version: 3.30
•Number of accounts you can have: 2 characters per IP
•Version Running: v1.11p
•Scripting Allowed: Yes
•PvP Allowed: Yes
•PvP level difference: 10
•Death Pile raiding: Yes
•Sys Commands (& which ones): Sys maps only
•Level Stack allowed: 16
•Training Setup (Max Level, Etc): Stock atm, not until player base requests this.
•New Areas: No
•Playing SySop: Yes (no powers)
•Death HP: -100
•Free Gold Jeweled Rings
•Exp. Multi/Exp Tables Lowered: No
•Limited Items: Limited items are no longer limited
•Item Drop % is 1 - 12%: They have been lowered a little bit mainly for the most popular items due to PVP and no lims for the balance. With this % rate it will still take a while for even everyone to have a full set of limiteds.
You either kill them back for the gear or kill the monsters for it.
•Edits: Lair Mod, Double Quests, Spellcaster's mod (spell casters are no longer pansy's)

Rules: Strictly no suprise rounds, if you want to kill someone do it with skill! You will be deleted, no questions asked.

Depending on how active the realm gets, boss regen times might be changed. I am open to suggestions for any changes.
Last edited by Spider on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lyki

Re: ChaosBBS PVP Realm Coming Soon

Post by Lyki »

Finally, a BBS that seems to be interested in having some PvP. Good times. A few questions/statements:

1. Any idea when it will be up?

2. So it appears that there are no limited's, as well as a few popular edited mods, but regular exp. Just wanted to clarify this, in case I'm mistaken.

3. I like the no limited's take, because PvP isn't always for items, and I actually despise robbing full DP's unless you need the equipment for yourself. I don't know how much input you're taking, but lowering the drops is not a bad idea, but anything under 5-7% is downright annoying. I would suggest every item (including those that are lower than 5% stock), are put between the 5-15% drop rate. Just a thought.

Anyways, looks good, and hopefully the turnout is good as well. Unfortunately, MajorMud's turnout has become the online gaming equivalent to a WNBA game.

Spider

Re: ChaosBBS PVP Realm Coming Soon

Post by Spider »

Thanks Lyki,

Non pvp mud has come to a point of boredom, pretty much dies out fast when people hit about 50 and all you see is scripting, thats no much point of just having 5- 10 people in the realm. Of course people have a life but there still need to be some action!

1. I am still trying to sort out some WG errors which are popping up and trying to make it as stable as possible. Last thing i want is a unreliable realm.

2. This will only be regular exp, but with lair mod it will compensate for it as your standard rate will be increased. I don't want people to move up so fast and next thing you know people are 50 in a months time. The activity will last longer this way. Plus, double quest exp will be a boost as well.

3. The 1% lims i have left but anything from 10% to 25% drops i have at least halved for the popular ones everyone wants. This limits everyone having a lim in the lifespan of the board making it more active and prone to activity to go on boss runs. Depending on the size of the realm and how active it is i will half the boss regen times to compensate for the lower drops.

Hopefully it won't be long as i do want it up and running as well.

TheFuneralPortrait

Re: ChaosBBS PVP Realm 27th June 7PM PST

Post by TheFuneralPortrait »

I've been a proponent of this style of lim configuration for quite some time. It's nice to see more people realizing how much better it is to have no lims and simply control the rarity of items through drop rate and/or boss spawn rate. Many items still remain quite rare, and it gives more incentive to kill bosses on a regular basis. More boss activity means more possible flashpoints for pvp rather than the game devolving to the point where people only are hanging scripts. Good stuff.

I'll check it out on Friday.