Brand new BBS opened!

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
CastorTroy

Re: Brand new BBS opened!

Post by CastorTroy »

If you're a tool bag who thinks you can just demand things of people and then act like a toddler when you all of your *demands* are not met, then you should not play here.

If you like to make personal attacks about people in a fucking 20 year old text based game, then you should not play here.

If majormud is THAT serious to you that you need to write 20 replies to half the realm who all seem to think you're in the wrong, then you should not play here.

Seriously. If 10 people are all in agreement, based on the things you said, that you're in the wrong how about the just shut the fuck up and not play on the board? How's that sound?

'nuff said

tetsuo

Post by tetsuo »

I havent tried this board at all yet, but in TFP's defense usually if a sysop doesnt have an mme export I dont even bother playing because like he said theres no way of knowing whats worth the money to buy something and what isnt. I've played on boards where there are things that cost outrageous amounts of money and when you equip them the only thing you see is your a/c and maybe mr or some other stats change but you dont know what kind of stats your getting for +crits,max damage, and other abilities. Its just annoying walking around with some piece of equipment that you have no clue what it does when it may be as useless as a magma amulet.

virucizer

Post by virucizer »

I had a great post on MMB with some absolute requirements for making a board playable, and how anyone dumb enough to play on a board that doesn't meet them deserves what they get. Once again, it is a shame all of that MMB content is lost.

In any case, TFP is right on. The wise player will steer well clear of any board with a playing sysop. Further, there are only two reasons not to provide a MME export: incompetence, or a desire to conceal secret content only available to the guy making the edits and his cronies.

So, anyone outside the sysop's circle of douchebag friends who plays here deserves what they get.

Homunculus

Post by Homunculus »

virucizer, losing MMB was a real detriment to the community. Understandably most of what you say can be considered true if every sysop is a douchebag and who may surround himself with 'cronies.'

It seems this advertisement has opened some doors to sysop etiquette and how they think a realm should be run. We are releasing MME exports because of this stigmata put forth and created by real douchebag sysops. I don't like it, but I can see the need. People need to know they're not being FUCKED. Ultimately, it's up to the users on how they feel about their 'playing sysop.'

As it happens, I'm quite oldschool when it comes to edits and running a mud. I don't believe in dupes although my arm's been twisted to allow it. I don't believe in exporting of DATs because I like the idea of adventure and investigation. I like to make things fair, balanced, and exciting. All of my edits are to further those ideals. I'm not looking to 'fuckin' pwn' on my own realm. You can do that on your own private realm. I'm looking to make this board to be around for a long time.

So we can go on back and forth on the topic, and i'll read and maybe take part. But just come on by and check it out, if you're a fan of majormud. There's ALOT of active users and most are very helpful. I feel fortunate to have had the great start we've had with everyone.

Homunculus
Minormud.com

beowulf1016

Post by beowulf1016 »

We ask all that are skeptical to come on and give us a try, the dats are available. (always were going to be as mentioned in prior posts) as far as playing sysops... seriously? just come on and check our inventories, ask everyone on the realm they will let you know.. no secrets.. cheating isn't fun, building up an active realm with great users is fun. All I ask is you check it out for yourself, 17 actual users so far, no dupes yet. minormud.com come on in and join the fun, I bet you wont be disappointed.

-Beo