MMUD Explorer Help Files?

Questions, suggestions, ideas, and/or comments on MajorMUD Explorer.
Kukulkan

MMUD Explorer Help Files?

Post by Kukulkan »

Hi,

Was just wondering if there's any kind of help files for MMUD Explorer? I was particularly curious about the, "Add MegaMUD Codes and Copy" feature. I see it seems to be a way to build paths for MegaMUD, but any other information I can find on this would be great.

Also, is there a way to link the MMUD Explorer map to MegaMUD client and have it follow as you walk around? I seem to remember this was possible, but I might be thinking of the zMap plugin for zMUD.

Thanks!

syntax
Site Admin

Re: MMUD Explorer Help Files?

Post by syntax »

There is no way to have the map follow you. Best thing is to have the big map open with "always on top" turned on and then just click around as needed.

As for the paths, I'm pretty sure I wrote a large writeup before but I can't find it. It may have been on our old forums which I wiped out. A quick search on MMB I found:

http://mmb.forumshq.com/index.php?topic=13172.0
hybrid wrote:well it's little long but it's working.

1)you go to the room section on mme, make sure your start spot is known (town square,bank or ect) then you use the window below the display to press the numbers below the num lock section, you move as you wish.

2)when you're done with the path/loop, you press copy to clipboard. after you copy the new path you create new file called "filenameyouchoose.pth", fill in the copy file as you please and put it where you can access.

3)when you're done with that part you open mega, edit->import->mmterm(the second), it's important you will be at the start point of your new path then press import on your new file.

it's possible to create new loops from places you don't know, just on the start of the loop you will have to enter the new location to megamud database.
http://mmb.forumshq.com/index.php?topic=13378.0
The Funeral Portrait wrote:The easiest way is to plot the path out in MME, then copy/paste it into a notepad. End it with something like !*#!$%@#$ for the last step (if u dont do this, sometimes the run import will add weird shit at the end). Save it as xxxxxx.run , and make sure you change file type to all types. Then simply go into Megamud and Edit ->Import -> Import as Synterm run. I make custom paths for almost every character I make with this method.

As you use this method more, eventually you'll start the import in a wrong room and see just how annoying Megamud really gets. If you try to end an import, Megamud will simply ignore it and continue trying to plod through the steps. If this happens to you, just save/close Megamud and reopen it and start the import again.
Any method you do will require tinkering with the file afterwards as it's far from perfect. I haven't done it in such a long time to really give you specific pointers.

GardnerDenver

Re: MMUD Explorer Help Files?

Post by GardnerDenver »

Kukulkan wrote: Also, is there a way to link the MMUD Explorer map to MegaMUD client and have it follow as you walk around? I seem to remember this was possible, but I might be thinking of the zMap plugin for zMUD.
You may be thinking of the map function in Megamud. It's far from perfect, but pressing ALT-M will pull up a map that moves/updates as you script.

ImageImage
http://www.quest-ware.net
GreaterMUD and MajorMud Utilities