CANT INSTALL!!!

Questions, suggestions, ideas, and/or comments on MajorMUD Explorer.
tetsuo

CANT INSTALL!!!

Post by tetsuo »

Whenever i try to install it says oleaut32.dll is in use or cannot be accessed. I am running windows 7 ive tried to run it as an administrator, compatibilty mode under windows xp, in safe mode. Ive even tried up dating my visual basic runtimes and when i do that it cant access oleaut32.dll either!! how the hell can i fix this.

cjt

Re: CANT INSTALL!!!

Post by cjt »

That sounds very much like it's not a MME issue, its an OS issue. Most likely corruption that's caused downstream errors.

Recommend doing what others have mentioned in the numerous google search hits. Boot to safe mode. Drop in to windows/systems and rename the driver to extension .old. Run the Runtime Library executable and see if you can correct the OS issue. If so, MME will install fine.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/15 ... dll-error/

tetsuo

Post by tetsuo »

ive booted in safe mode, tried to rename in dos, tried to delete the dll, tried to run as administrator, tried to update visual basic runtimes, tried to register every last dll by hind nothing works!!!!!

Vandelay

Post by Vandelay »

I didn't have this exact error, but I had trouble installing MME in windows 7 also...so I use a virtual machine with xp and only thing on it is MME, works fine but eats up some memory, wish I had a way around it but I don't sorry

tetsuo

Post by tetsuo »

hmmm never thought of that, any suggestion on a good vm??

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Did you try running SFC? (Run a command windows with admin rights and run sfc /scannow)

After that, try re-registering the dll: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\oleaut32.dll

tetsuo

Post by tetsuo »

still no luck with that syntax

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

one doc says to try it logged on as a different user:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... b9779ec0ba

(It's not anything with MME in particular as it works fine on Windows 7 for many people. That dll is a standard dll.)