mybbs.ddns.net 2 REALMS, BRAND NEW PVP REALM OPENS *NOW*

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
Julian

mybbs.ddns.net 2 REALMS, BRAND NEW PVP REALM OPENS *NOW*

Post by Julian »

Hello Fellow Mudders!

BBS BOARD: mybbs.ddns.net

The Sysop, Julian, has just created a second realm called fightMUD.

fightMUD is a brand new unlimited PVP realm for all users!
It's official open is this Friday, MAY 1st, 2020 at 3pm EST. (tomorrow.)

No PVP restrictions, Stock Realm, As-is, No Rules, NON-Playing SYSOP with minimum interference for the PLAYERS!!

If you do NOT want PVP we do have a non-PVP realm on the board as well, which is currently in progress.
Most players are currently level 20-26, with a few in their 30s.

Come over and say hello! We've got a great mix of players this time. We think you'll LOVE us! :)

Come check us out at: mybbs.ddns.net

Say hello, and ask all your questions. The PVP realm opens TOMORROW @ 3pm EST.

See you there!
-Julian

Nobody

Re: mybbs.ddns.net 2 REALMS, BRAND NEW PVP REALM OPENS *NOW*

Post by Nobody »

So, a quick review of my brief time on this board.
The game was supposed to be reset and it was set at multiple different times after being told it would be ready...it was not.
Then I hear this board would be starting Today @noon show up and find out it was for some reason reset at midnight last night instead and a group of people that the sysop likes has a head start on everyone. Play for a little bit anyways and hear all kinds of excuses from the sysop about the non advertised midnight reset. He basically is like oh well deal with it. Then when someone went to PvP with a couple of the people that got the head start...they could not hit them. Round after round of misses(GINV) Oh and death is -200 hp. This entire realm made 0 sense. Now there is only the sysop and his friends playing in the realm. If you were going to do all kinds of ridiculousness to make this PvP realm pointless to play on for anyone not your friend...why even open it to the public? So, unless you want to go in and basically blow the sysop, this is a board for you. If you want a fair chance on a PvP board and don't want to blow the sysop...THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO PLAY. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs.

Sludge

Post by Sludge »

This board is a shit sandwich and always will be. This Julian guy is a psychopath with zero knowledge of the fundamentals of the game itself so of course you will find stupid settings and stupid decisions made. He does have a buddy or two that spam other boards as a form of advertising (Subzero for one) that he "helps" out by giving them sysop spells like ginv to script with. It's obvious when you attack them as the same level and you go 20 rounds in a row without hitting them. Avoid this shit hole at all costs.

Chysas

Post by Chysas »

First of all, there were PLENTY of people who were actually around when he did open it at midnight. There was only 2-3 people who did not join until noon. Everyone else was there at the same time.
Secondly, there is no cheating of people scripting. There was no sysop spells given to people. You are failing to mention you were very low level (maybe 5ish?) and naked or barely geared at all, and swinging at people who were not and had some AC. Not to mention they were also higher level. Big surprise you were missing. People were being hit with spells just fine, and using the example of ginv that was given, SPELLS DO NOT CAST ON YOU WHEN YOU HAVE THAT ON. So figure that one out.
The -200 death thing was meant as a way to try to help with bosses and not have to die, but granted wasnt the best idea. However, if you are dropped and hang in combat, you do still die. The Sysop did say he would be willing to change this option to something like -30 death instead of -200, until people just started cursing him, setting up spam bots that cursed him in gossip, and just being obnoxious. Honestly, he just got tired of having those people on the board, so he stopped trying to be helpful in any way. None of us have to do anything to him or for him, other than show respect. I know that is asking too much of some people, and that is fine, no one wants those people around anyway.

The whole purpose was to build characters up a little bit, and pvp along the way. PVP at lev 5 is stupid anyway. You have crap for accuracy and your stealth sucks. Waiting until level 10-15 makes way more sense. But the people complaining on here obviously just want to complain and that is life.

If you know how to show respect, want to have fun on a newly reset board, check it out. Top person is only level 12, and there is still plenty out there to do. Also, even at higher levels you can still pvp for items, its not only lower levels that can pvp.

Julian

Post by Julian »

I'm not going to say anything because, it's just not necessary.

so, anyways.

If you want a fun board to play on, dependable and fun, with the assholes peaking in once in a while to start fights and arguments..
who will of coarse be deleted and banned..

so, if you do want a stable, friendly, dependable environment, good friends and fun.. point your telnet client to..

mybbs.ddns.net

We're open 24/7 whether you want a PVP realm or NON-PVP.

I am open to questions, comments, suggestions.. and NEW PEOPLE are ALWAYS WELCOME!!!

Happy Mudding,
Julian

brewbs

Post by brewbs »

I can clear this up because I was a spectator and I don't know any of these people.

Someone on another board broadcast that a new board was opening. They didn't know the sysop but they sure knew the opening time because they commented on it being weird. So the opening time was definitely available. Somewhere.. just not this thread apparently? idk who really cares, I guess the start time is a lifechanging thing for some people?

Second... I went on semi seriously and the people that have now left..I got a very quick impression they were douchebags and I was just going to quit because nobody wants to mud with a pack of dbags. And it is pretty hard to give off that impression AS QUICKLY and with as little communication as they did.. but anyway that was just what I surmised as I started my character. For some reason (mud addiction?) I left my chara going overnight..figured I could make my mind up in the morning.

Next morning there seems to be remarkably less players.. so I hit up the conversations and there was reams of abuse hurled at the sysop from the aforementioned dbags...which was fairly amusing. I'm sure everyone was glad to see them gone. Except then they created random characters just to continue to gossip abuse.

So yeah, there was some unhappy campers but they did not appear to be in the right. In fact they seemed to be bona fide a__holes. I didnt see the PVP they were going on about but what they were going on about in realm was straight up delusional so whatevs...

Julian

Post by Julian »

Just to update, I'm not keeping up in these debates.. apparently.. just people starting problems for no reason. Here are some of their nicknames:

Josuha
WTFisTHIS
ThreeTooth
Sigh
Jade
Blaze1
Busta

You can tell from the names, that they are troublesome. Anyway, everyone is still welcome. It's a PVP mud, everything was advertised, and is as advertised. Some great people here as well. The guys who were cussing and then took off, you are still welcome to play so long as you keep it down on the cussing and try to act more civilized.
I honestly don't mind you playing, and we can all learn from each other.

Happy Mudding!
Sysop Julian

EDIT NOTE: JADE is a GOOD GUY!!! Sorry about that, Jade!!! You were not included with that group. Thanks for clearing things up! AND, HAPPY MUDDING!!!