Esoteric Edits MudRev on a new host! -- Highly Edited, Fast-Paced fun!

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
cuckoorules

Esoteric Edits MudRev on a new host! -- Highly Edited, Fast-Paced fun!

Post by cuckoorules »

Esoteric Edits BBS is now hosted on Bear's BBS.

Telnet address: bbs.bearfather.net
Option R from menu is the MudRev realm I am running (BearFather is kindly hosting it on his BBS, I will be Mudop and Editor for the MudRev realm while he maintains his other two)
Max Chars per person: 2 online at any given time (for this realm), a third allowed once you reach level 70+
Max Level: 300 currently
Death: -1000
Hangup penalty: none
Sys Commands: Sys Map is available to all players.
Portal system to all major towns, recall potions and spells/items in place of sys gotos.
PVP currently disabled, can be enabled per popular demand
Custom ganghouses in the realm with no way to break in. Uses a teleport spells so you can get there from any location similar to the recall spells/potions.
MME Dats and Custom Paths are available on bearfather.net in the Files section.
Bot available that can retrain, change alignment, tell you the last kill time/status of any boss (via room#) as well as what room you're currently in. It also shares gossips among the 3 realms of the BBS (on the auction channel, so easily blocked if you don't like chat much).
Tons of additional quests beyond those of stock.

Feel free to ask any questions here, but I recommend just popping in the realm! I guarantee you'll have a good time! And if I'm at keys I'll try to personally help you out or answer any questions you may have!
Last edited by cuckoorules on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Joker

Re: Esoteric Edits MudRev returns on a new host! Fresh Reset!!!

Post by Joker »

As a die-hard MajorMud fan, I've never played a MudRev realm. Never had any interest. But I gotta say, I'm having one hell of a time here. It's like a MajorMud Christmas with new content, new places to go and explore. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't yet.

Likewise, BearFather's realm is a nicely edited "nearly" stock MajorMud. Well done edits, well thought-out and nicely put together.

cuckoorules

Re: Esoteric Edits MudRev returns on a new host! Fresh Reset!!!

Post by cuckoorules »

Thanks much! I've put years of hard work into making the very sloppy mud-rev dats as least sloppy as possibly as well as maximizing the "at-keys" benefits and a fun, fast-paced environment. I recently got the mud editing itch again, so I've been doing basically daily updates to patch little things here and there. Really appreciate the kind feedback. Bear and I just worked on something together for probably the majority of my day/night just to fix a relatively small bug because we really do care about the quality and integrity of our edits. If anyone is out there looking for a place to play, there's lots of helpful people ranging all the way from I have no idea what mudrev is and can barely install the paths to veterans like myself who have played since mudrevs inception (almost as old as normal mud!)

Also, I love user feedback and ideas, so the more users and feedback I get, the more ideas I can put into the game.

Currently toying with the idea of a no-cleanup area in the park where all the ganghouses will have one-way exits that they can effectively enter the park and dump their leftover goodies, and so rather than ts and the bank and such being the goto spot for newbies to scrounge for goodies, the enormous park could be filled. I already confirmed proof of concept tonight, just haven't actually implemented it into the live realm.

Come give me some new ideas!

cuckoorules

Re: Esoteric Edits MudRev on a new host! -- Highly Edited, Fast-Paced fun!

Post by cuckoorules »

Realm could use some new faces. Still have a good active userbase, but not many over level 100. Come check it out if you're bored

cuckoorules

Post by cuckoorules »

Recently got back into the spirit of doing some edits, looking for some motivated players to help generate ideas. Just put in a patch for some new items, spells, etc. Looking for some people with creative minds to help generate ideas, as more than anything I struggle with naming things. Knowledge of mudrev content is a huge plus, but absolutely not required. Tons of active players of all levels. Stop on by! (address is in the first post)

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

setup a vm and look thru silicons mudrev or other mudrevs or look thru mme files of diff muds that you can find anyways get a mme of hated reality look thru that i even recall that one day i imported a mme dat file into a stock mud and it worked go to diff bbs's and see what they have added get my bbs's mme and look thru it

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

if you have a old crust bbs mme look thru it he was a great editor

cuckoorules

Post by cuckoorules »

Bloodrock wrote:setup a vm and look thru silicons mudrev or other mudrevs or look thru mme files of diff muds that you can find anyways get a mme of hated reality look thru that i even recall that one day i imported a mme dat file into a stock mud and it worked go to diff bbs's and see what they have added get my bbs's mme and look thru it

Silicon plays on my realm, though he's having some issues with his amazon cloud and hasn't been able to sign in lately. We were both doing patches semi-recently. This basically is Silicon's mudrev. Lol. Hated reality edits were very poor quality.

cuckoorules

Post by cuckoorules »

Bumping thread because I'm too lazy to make a new one. Thinking of resetting in a few months, usually like to give people a heads up if they want to come check it out. No set date yet and it won't be for awhile, but accepting input if there is demand to reset at a specific time.