TDRBBS (Formerly Beebbs)

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
Larsen1906

TDRBBS (Formerly Beebbs)

Post by Larsen1906 »

Reopened with a stock/Edited/mudrev realms

4 dupes per IP
Most players in stock right now (No limits)
PVP 7 levels

I need to go through the realms for info and export dats. It has been a while since I last put this board up.

tdrbbs.ddns.net is the new address

telnet tdrbbs.ddns.net
Erilyn

Re: TDRBBS (Formerly Beebbs)

Post by Erilyn »

:D

Joker

Post by Joker »

The "stock" PVP realm is anything but. Cave worm exp has been massively inflated, there are no lims, and a lot of other changes. There's also quite a bit of strange happenings here. The sysop plays actively and has the top characters in the realm, all the best gear for all his characters, and his mage has been solo-scripting stone giants since early on. All bosses have already been killed, to include Lord of the Hunt, and this was within the first two weeks. SYS powers are in full effect here for the sysops characters, which is bad juju in a PVP realm.

Sysops have the right to run their own BBS as they want, that is not an issue for me. But it should be announced that sysop will be playing, and don't call it a stock realm when it's massively edited. If you're looking for a friendly place to play with lots of players (I'm not sure how many of the player-base is actually just the sysop characters), then this is a nice realm with SYS GOTOs, a MUDBOT for alignment changes, @Home commands, etc. But if you're looking for a competitive, stock-based PVP realm, then steer clear of this one.

Lastly, don't rage on me for my review. As I state above, it's his realm, his rules, and I'm OK with that. This was a nice realm with some nice edits, and a good player base. But, it's not as advertised, and not what I was looking for.

Larsen1906

Post by Larsen1906 »

So....

I have 4 characters in the player base, same as everyone else. yes there is no limited items as stated above. Cave worm and Slime beast were inflated (as shown in the bulletin file) for the larger player base starting out. My characters have the same keys as every other user account and no additional powers (except for the mudop and sysop account that don't play)

Most of the starting player base when I opened the board are friends of mine. We ran bosses in the beginning a lot to get gear. and no bosses were taken out "early on" Loth and ARD were months after the realm started up. We played around a couple weeks before the realm was public and advertised. Yes my mage was solo in stone giants for a week or two (he was there with my other characters until level 52) and not solo early on.

Anyway,

There is a second realm that is massively edited. The stock realm has few edits stated above, and some message changes for clarity (way of the swan shows health healed for example), oh and drop rate for bosses was boosted 10%

Not much else in the realm has been touched. And if something is out of sorts, I check in daily. Bring the issue to my attention if there is something that appears edited that shouldn't be and i'll look into it. This realm was up years ago and there may have been changes I missed during the first reset.

telnet tdrbbs.ddns.net
Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

guess this bbs didn't last very long doesn't help with being up and down was once a pretty good bbs