UPDATE: Dado's Blade BBS v2.0

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
BizKit

UPDATE: Dado's Blade BBS v2.0

Post by BizKit »

First of all I'd like to apologize to everyone for the inconvenience. I'm sorry that all the time and energy you put into your characters is now gone. I really am. I hope that everyone will create a character again, but if some don't that's just the way it has to be. I look forward to seeing everyone, new and existing!

I completely reset the realm on Dado's Blade BBS. The realm had been used once before for a few weeks and I made the mistake of just deleting all the original characters and sweeping the realm thinking that would be just like a reset and I was wrong. There were numerous problems with lim's and whatnot so to fix any issues that were present I just completely re-installed/reset the realm.

I also got rid of the stat changes and the sysop character that was used for quests/recovery missions. While I like being able to help with certain things, the super sysop character was just a problem waiting to happen.

BBS's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/619301388218054/

Freshly reset MajorMUD.
Telnet: dadosbladebbs.dyndns.org
SysOp: TheSysop
GameOp: None
WGs: 3.30
MajorMud: v1.11p Mod 9 (stock+Lair Mod))
EXP: Normal (slime beast and cave worm slightly increased)

Rules and Information (Updated)

#1 Clean-up is at 6am Central Time.
#2 Only 2 dupes are allowed (3 characters per IP address).
#3 Everyone has sys goto's and map.
#4 Death is set at -100
#5 Questors are unlimited.
#6 You can stack 10 levels of experience.
#7 SysOp will issue retrains and alignment changes when asked.
#8 PvP is set to a 7 level difference.
#9 Gold Jeweled Rings are available in the Silvermere jewelry shop.
#10 HAVE FUN!

This BBS is running the latest version of MajorMUD & Worldgroup 3.30.
The BBS PC is running an Athlon 3300+ (2GHz)/1024MB RAM/160GB HDD.
Our Internet connection is COX, running at 225Mbps down & 25Mbps up.
Last edited by BizKit on Mon May 02, 2016 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

BizKit

Re: UPDATE: Dado's Blade BBS v2.0

Post by BizKit »

I'm sorry everyone. I know the lag has been horrid. I'm working on getting this taken care of ASAP. I will post ant let everyone know when the problem is fixed!

Sorry again,
TheSysop

BizKit

Post by BizKit »

Ok gang, there's an "outage" in my area and they're working on it. The automated thing at COX says it should be fixed by 3am central time, but the tech I spoke with on the phone said there is currently no estimated time of completion.
My current down speed is 1/10th what it should be and my upload speed is 0.01mbps. No wonder we're having connection problems!

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Hopefully it'll be back to normal again by morning!

Hang in there guys,
TheSysop

BizKit

Post by BizKit »

Ok gang, it looks like the connection is stabilizing and things are mostly back to normal. BUT proceed at your own risk as the connection is still wavering. Hopefully by the end of they day COX has this completely worked out and we can mud care free again.

TheSysop

BizKit

Post by BizKit »

My connection is totally down and cox has no projected time of completion on the fix. I will post an update as soon as I know something.

Hang in there guys,
TheSysop

BizKit

Post by BizKit »

Ok guys, it looks like the connection issues have finally cleared up. Sorry for the inconvenience guys!

TheSysop

BizKit

Post by BizKit »

Well guys, things couldn't be going better over at Dado's Blade BBS. We have over 60 active accounts and the realm is thriving!

Just a small update... We are now running the Lair Mod! With the realm steadily growing in size, it was a much needed and welcomed addition.

Come check it out!

TheSysop

BizKit

Post by BizKit »

For all current and future users, please join the BBS's facebook page for important updates and information!
Also, feel free to make suggestions and leave comments (good or bad)!
I will also be editing the link into my original post in this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/619301388218054/

Thanks everyone,
TheSysop

Joker

Post by Joker »

Please add spell-mod to the realm. My wife's mage and priest are still sucking at level 35. :lol:

BizKit

Post by BizKit »

Hey gang, the bbs is going to be down for a few days. Having some ISP problems that should be resolved by Wednesday. Sorry for the inconvenience!

TheSysop