BrainToys BBS

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
Skullopoly

BrainToys BBS

Post by Skullopoly »

Mudders!

BrainToys has been migrated to Amazon Web Services (AWS). System latency and connectivity is extremely fast with Amazon. I encourage everyone looking for an active, friendly game to come check out BrainToys. The level cap is 255 and CP caps have been increased by 25% for all races. Limiteds are actively reset and shared throughout.

Telnet to BrainToys.org today and check it out. Visit www.Skullopoly.com for details.

Best,
Skull

iofhua

Re: BrainToys BBS

Post by iofhua »

The Sysop has gone total ignoramus on his players on this board. He's convinced that people who don't close their mega every day and re-open to reconnect are causing lag on his VM. He claims it's interfering with remote desktop somehow - which doesn't make sense because connections to a BBS use telnet, a different protocol to remote desktop, and would have nothing to do with each other. Furthermore, a telnet connection (just plain text sent from one PC to another) uses very little bandwidth and would only be accepted or denied by the BBS. Either of which would not cause instability in a VM.

The only thing that might happen, is if your board gets popular and gets dozens and dozens of players, is it might start hogging CPU cycles. That's common, everyday lag and is to be expected on a large board. But why use logic when you can blame the players for using Mega wrong? This is utter stupidity as there is no way to set up Mega that would interfere with other players. (except maybe to do PvP on a PvP board, which isn't the case here)

I paid the guy $3 for gjr and he banned me for talking back to him when he went full artard and starting blaming everyone for using Mega wrong. Just a word of warning to anyone else - don't play here.

BearFather

Re: BrainToys BBS

Post by BearFather »

Shit you mean people still will pay for shit in this game! Hmm.....