No Longer Valid

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
cjt

No Longer Valid

Post by cjt »

The realm is being reset....please use this link for information:

http://www.mudinfo.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1637
Last edited by cjt on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sludge

Re: MMUD.US - NO DUPES - PVP - Stock Realm

Post by Sludge »

fire it up

cjt

Re: MMUD.US - NO DUPES - PVP - Opening 2/25 @ 3:00 PM EST

Post by cjt »

ok, have some interest on Facebook also. I'll fire it up at 3:00 PM EST. Here's the information:

TELNET: MMUD.US
NO DUPES NO EXCEPTIONS = cheaters will be deleted immediately.
Max stats for each race increased by 20
Sys Map is enabled.
Gold Jeweled Rings are available at Meia
PVP range is 15 levels.
No PVP hang penalty
Death: -25
EP: 18 per day
Lives: 1 plat
Level stack: 10 levels
No playing Ops.
Cleanup daily at 12:00 PM EST (no warning period)

Enjoy!

Xeeg

Re: MMUD.US - NO DUPES - PVP - opening 2/25 @ 3:00 PM EST

Post by Xeeg »

Little notice would have been nice. Generally a weeks notice and opening on a friday night/sat morning is best.

Also, have you taken any steps to prevent cash bugs and other bugs in the realm or is it just base mmud bugs and all?

cjt

Post by cjt »

Sorry, as a general practice I do give 2 weeks notice. This realm was just kind of stitched together at the last minute. My sincere apologies.

As you may notice, I do have a game starting Saturday at 1:00 PM Eastern (tomorrow). Feel free to join that game if you feel that you're too far behind the no-dupe realm.

Also, as another general practice, the Bard Cloak and Orfeo Cash Bug are fixed in my baseline install that is used to establish new games. Any others that are critical that I'm missing?

cjt

Post by cjt »

Quick update: still waiting for my new VPS to be provisioned. I'm being told it will happen today. However, I'm running an ongoing WRT on the server and have had less than 2% packet loss for the last 8 hours.

I still intend on migrating to the new VPS when it's available, but things are running smooth like butter now. If the lag scared you away, please come back and test out the board again.

Joker

Post by Joker »

Xeeg wrote:Little notice would have been nice. Generally a weeks notice and opening on a friday night/sat morning is best.

Also, have you taken any steps to prevent cash bugs and other bugs in the realm or is it just base mmud bugs and all?
Hopefully, you can someday find a BBS that meets your stringent standards. There are so many to choose from these days, and the BBS operators have nothing better to do with their time, so this shouldn't be a problem.

TheFuneralPortrait

Post by TheFuneralPortrait »

Joker wrote:
Xeeg wrote:Little notice would have been nice. Generally a weeks notice and opening on a friday night/sat morning is best.

Hopefully, you can someday find a BBS that meets your stringent standards. There are so many to choose from these days, and the BBS operators have nothing better to do with their time, so this shouldn't be a problem.
You need to find something better to do with your time, Joker. Honest questions and feedback are good for the community. Your quest to shit on any post that contains a shred of honesty is bad for it.

cjt

Post by cjt »

BBS has been moved to the new VPS. Unfortunately, my domain name hasn't propagated and may not for a while. In the meantime, please use the following IP address to reach the server:

The domain name MMUD.US should begin resolving shortly.

cjt

Post by cjt »

MMUD.US is now resolving correctly. You may use MMUD.US to connect to the bbs.