MMUD.US Resetting February 28 @ 1:00 PM EST

BBS Advertisements. Post about your new/existing board.
cjt

MMUD.US Resetting February 28 @ 1:00 PM EST

Post by cjt »

MMUD.US has been RESET and will open its doors to a fresh PVP game at on Saturday, February 28th at 1:00PM Eastern time.

Telnet is MMUD.US

Limited items: All Limited 1 items have been increased to Limit of 3. All Limit 3 items have been increased to Limit of 5. Otherwise, this is a stock realm.

One duplicate is allowed. (2 accounts per IP - no exceptions)
Sys Map is enabled.
Gold Jeweled Rings are available at Meia
PVP range is 10 levels.
No PVP hang penalty
Death: -25
EP: 18 per day
Lives: 1 runic
Level stack: 10 levels
No playing Ops.
Cleanup daily at 12:00 PM EST (no warning period)

Enjoy!
Last edited by cjt on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cjt

Re: MMUD.US Resetting February 28 @ 1:00 PM Easter

Post by cjt »

I went ahead and disabled MMUD on the menu tree. If you want to login to create your User-ID and see if the BBS response time is suitable to your location, please feel free to do so.

Telnet again is MMUD.US

TheFuneralPortrait

Re: MMUD.US Resetting February 28 @ 1:00 PM EST

Post by TheFuneralPortrait »

Constant lag makes this place pretty much unplayable for 8 or more hours a day.

This isn't lag of a second or two when you input a command...at times it's 30 seconds to multiple minutes of complete standstill lag. Just when you think it's gone and try to do something, it shows up again and screws you over.

While I had hope for this bbs, I've already logged off and will be moving on.

cjt

Post by cjt »

TheFuneralPortrait wrote:Constant lag makes this place pretty much unplayable for 8 or more hours a day.

This isn't lag of a second or two when you input a command...at times it's 30 seconds to multiple minutes of complete standstill lag. Just when you think it's gone and try to do something, it shows up again and screws you over.

While I had hope for this bbs, I've already logged off and will be moving on.
Yes, I've been very clear in gossip that the node my VPS is hosted on has been experience significant packet loss for the last 24 hours. I just got off the phone with the hosting company who is standing up a new VPS for me on a different Windows Server node. As soon as I receive the automated email letting me know the VPS is ready, I'll move all files over and start hosting the realm through the new VPS.

To say 'unplayable for 8 or more hours a day' is a little bit of a stretch. It's been problematic for 24 hours and will be resolved. Otherwise, it's run smooth since coming up a week ago.

TheFuneralPortrait

You can call it a stretch, but saying 8 hours is generous. Best of luck.

cjt

Post by cjt »

TheFuneralPortrait wrote:You can call it a stretch, but saying 8 hours is generous. Best of luck.
Thanks. Been running smooth now for hours on the same VPS, but can't promise it will stay that way until I migrate to the new node. Hope you come back and give it a shot.

cjt

Post by cjt »

Quick update: still waiting for my new VPS to be provisioned. I'm being told it will happen today. However, I'm running an ongoing WRT on the server and have had less than 2% packet loss for the last 8 hours.

I still intend on migrating to the new VPS when it's available, but things are running smooth like butter now. If the lag scared you away, please come back and test out the board again.

Joker

Post by Joker »

If you fix the lag, they will bitch about something else. It's best to just let these types go, they do nothing but cause drama in the realm anyways. I appreciate your effort in getting another realm going, and have been enjoying my stay! Thanks again!

TheFuneralPortrait

Joker wrote:If you fix the lag, they will bitch about something else. It's best to just let these types go, they do nothing but cause drama in the realm anyways. I appreciate your effort in getting another realm going, and have been enjoying my stay! Thanks again!
:roll:

cjt

Post by cjt »

Joker wrote:If you fix the lag, they will bitch about something else. It's best to just let these types go, they do nothing but cause drama in the realm anyways. I appreciate your effort in getting another realm going, and have been enjoying my stay! Thanks again!
Not enjoyable when you can't play the game due to lag. I get that. Hopefully some of them come back and see for themselves that it's running smooth.