Easiest quest weapon I ever got

Stories from playing the game or IRL that involves Majormud
Joker

Easiest quest weapon I ever got

Post by Joker »

I began playing majormud on a local BBS called Cyberlot out of Newport News, VA, way back in the day. My wife created a Kang Paladin and was really into the game. I created a HOG Warrior and was the first warrior to get the golden battleaxe quest weapon. Another player with a dwarf paladin beat my wife to the shimmering longsword (the original paly questor), and she really wanted it for her paladin, but wasn't one to engage in PVP. As Majormud was fairly new back then, and people were still learning the game, I made up a story that if you hand a class quest weapon to another class of character, it would instantly kill them. I woke the next morning, and checked on my script. I seen 3 things: 1) I was still online and scripting the black house caverns, 2) I had the shimmering longsword in my possession, and 3) numerous telepaths and gossip messages asking if I could please give the longsword back, since I lied. The other paladin character, Lord Soth, had found my script during the night and handed me the paly questor thinking he would get an easy kill and could collect my golden belt and ruby necklace. Needless to say, my wife used the weapon well into her level 30-somethings.

Dizasta

Re: Easiest quest weapon I ever got

Post by Dizasta »

I can't believe that guy actually believed you. There was a lot of stuff like that always going on back in the day. People always getting you to type ;o for instant logoff or purge a spell from your spellbook. One of the best ones though was the one where you took someone who has lower HP's to the pull lever that opened the passage way to get to the mad wizard. For all those who don't know this, but back in the day when you pulled the lever it also hit who ever was in the room with you. So people would spam a macro repeatedly that pull the lever. It would kill them so quick that they wouldn't have time to run out of the room before they knew what was going on. They changed that after Majormud 1.1d and this was still before mod1 came out. I wish I would have remembered the name of the bastard that got me with that. It's not like you wasn't also going to try it on suspecting noobies once you knew about it.

You have been killed!