MudBot - Wtf Is That?

Discussion on the future MegaMUD replacement software, MudBot.
apathy

MudBot - Wtf Is That?

Post by apathy »

MudBot is a project that is just barely starting (as of February 2016). Currently the GitHub is at https://github.com/RJCo/MudBot and we have an email address at majormudbot@gmail.com

Other than that, there's nothing but hopes and dreams. Hopefully this page will be changed soon with more information!

lucid2310

Re: MudBot - Wtf Is That?

Post by lucid2310 »

Maybe we can get some collaboration going with the ReMud Server.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

What lang do you plan to write this in?

lucid2310

Post by lucid2310 »

Looking at the source listed, it's in C#. It looks like MudBot is using an COTS for the terminal display, which may or may not be good, I just curious how the pure text is extracted to make decisions.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Pretty sure he was still experimenting with the different console options. Apathy just started a new job like a week ago so he's a little distracted from this at the moment.

lucid2310

Post by lucid2310 »

This one looked pretty good for integrating VT100 / Ansi protocol, it could use some optimization but might be viable. https://sourceforge.net/projects/ackterm/

apathy

Post by apathy »

The project used for the terminal piece was just a stand-in for now, like Syntax said. It surprisingly didn't take much to get it to work, and it even manages the ANSI stripping to give the rest of the code plaintext. So, so far it's working fine, but a better/less annoying codebase would be great improvement :) Next time I get around to toying with the term side of the project, I'll definitely take a look at ackterm!

rhipcity

Post by rhipcity »

Did anything ever happen with MUDBOT? any updates? abandoned?

kracker

Post by kracker »

I have an old Perl Script somewhere that I used for my MudBot back in the day, I may even still have the source code. I just could not remember what applications i needed to make it function after a system crash.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

So curious whatever happen with this project? I have been checking out dotnet core/c# recently looking to learn a new language. And really need a project to learn it so was poking around at ideas, and remembered about this project and their was talk of c#.

I did find the github project but dotnet core 3 can't compile it.