MudRev SpellMod Fix

Discussion relating specifically to the popular MudRev dats.
syntax
Site Admin

MudRev SpellMod Fix

Post by syntax »

The mudrev version that is linked here has the spellmod fixed spells imported, but the monsters aren't liked to the spells. So the mobs all cast the spells at too high level. The person that made the original spell mod fix also missed 3 spells to recreate and missed some mobs to modify. Finally, mudrev also modified a bunch of mobs from stock and there are additional mobs to modify in mudrev. Serpentkin shaman are an example of this as they cast earthfist in mudrev, which is one of the modded spells in the spell mod, but stock serpentkin shaman do not cast earthfist.

So... two options here. Attached below is an export containing all of the fixed spells from the spellmod fix patch, plus the 3 new ones (spells 5040 to 5042), as well as only the mobs that needed to be modified to point to these spells. So if your mudrev is based off of the dats linked on these forums you can just import this file. NOTE that the original spells (the modded spells like magic missle, eartfist, etc) are NOT included in this mdb, just the fixed stuff (spells 5000 through 5042).

Another option is to do the following procedure to just update the required fields in your own dats. This option requires Microsoft Access.
  1. Export all of your mobs to an export file - NOTE: you can choose NOT to enable the option on the NMR export screen regarding resetting various fields. This is irrelevant if you are properly applying your updates via update files. But if you aren't, and are editing the dats directly, then you will not want that option enabled.
  2. Open the file in Microsoft access
  3. Go to the "database tools" tab and click on the "visual basic" button.
  4. Go to insert -> module
  5. Open the attached sql.txt file linked below and select everything and copy it.
  6. Paste the copied text below the "Option Compare Database" in the new module in access
  7. Click the play button on the toolbar
  8. you should get a message, "done spellmod fix" to know it completed all of the commands
  9. right-click on the "Module1" that you added on the left-hand side and click "Remove Module1"
  10. on the prompt to save, answer No.
  11. close the visual basic window.
  12. close access.
  13. back in NMR, import your file back into your dats.
  14. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SPELLS 5000 THROUGH 5042 IN YOUR DATS. If you don't have them, you can import them from the mudrev_spellmod_fix file attached here.
  15. note again the above note. You most likely do not have spells 5040 through 5042 because I just created them today before posting this. so import those 3 spells, at minimum.
Attachments
mudrev_spellmod_fix.zip
(286.15 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
sql.txt
(29.52 KiB) Downloaded 655 times

syntax
Site Admin

Re: MudRev SpellMod Fix

Post by syntax »

It just occurred to me that I did a mod to mudrev for drop rates... any mob that regen'd > 4 hours had their drop % set to a minimum of 20%. This excludes items that have the del@maint flag. Likewise, for mobs that had > 2 hour regen had the minimum set to 10%, and > 1 regen was set to minimum of 5%. Those changes would have been refelected in the export I pasted above. I don't have the time to get a fresh mudrev dat/export together right now so you can either keep those mods or use the other procedure I provided.