MegaMUD MudRev Game Data

Discussion relating specifically to the popular MudRev dats.
syntax
Site Admin

MegaMUD MudRev Game Data

Post by syntax »

I went through and added all of the classes and races but I know it's possible to export and import that information as well as all the new spells and such. Is any of that floating around? Otherwise I suppose I'll post mine here once I'm finished.

DarkwoodBBS

Re: MegaMUD MudRev Game Data

Post by DarkwoodBBS »

Almost every instance of mudrev has implemented their own slight tweaks, so there isn't an exact standard.

My MME export is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B67qCx ... sp=sharing

telnet://darkwood.ddns.net -- Mudrev with fixed and enhanced content, 25 level PVP
Information: http://www.mudinfo.net/viewforum.php?f=55
syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Not looking for the MME dats. Looking for the MegaMUD data. e.g. Classes.md, Races.md, etc. Ones that are BBS specific where you could drop them into the BBS folder that MegaMUD creates and prevent everyone from having to create classes, items, spells, etc.

And yea, things could be different, but with such a popular mod you could have a strong base to start from at least.

DarkwoodBBS

Post by DarkwoodBBS »

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. I would post my classes/races/spells/etc, but to call them half-assed would be an insult to halfassery everywhere.

telnet://darkwood.ddns.net -- Mudrev with fixed and enhanced content, 25 level PVP
Information: http://www.mudinfo.net/viewforum.php?f=55
apathy

Post by apathy »

Hmm. Do we have any idea how the MegaMUD *.md files are encoded? If so, we could easily write a tool to take MME dat information and "convert" it to MegaMUD .md format.
If we don't, we could hexedit the hell out of the .md files to figure it out, but that's obviously way less fun and easy :)

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

I don't think anyone has ever figured out the database scheme for megamud.

apathy

Post by apathy »

syntax wrote:I don't think anyone has ever figured out the database scheme for megamud.
Uhg, well, challenge accepted.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Awhile back someone got ahold of galvin. I wounder if they could ask him what the format is.

cuckoorules

Post by cuckoorules »

In attempting to embed monster room #s into the megamud database, I also gave up on figuring out their schema. However, the message/response file is plain-text editable so long as you don't exceed 80 characters per line (the max chars on a line in mud also I think). This can be helpful for setting up complex message/responses for a mud bot. Semi off-topic but just wanted to mention SOME of the megamud files aren't so painfully cryptic. If anyone does figure out the other files i'd be interested as well. Since the worst part of inputting data is the message/responses I think that it would be possible to have an updated message/response file for MudRev, but I have so many custom little tricks in mine that I don't necessarily want other people to know about I'm not sure I'd want to use mine as the shining example, nor do I have the free time to parse through it and determine what should and shouldn't be public knowledge.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

We have the megamud source code and are working on an API to be able to update megamud's databases directly from MME. Project is a bit on hold at the moment as Apathy, who was spearheading the API into the databases, just started a new job. But the plan is still in place.