Reincarnation System Suggestion

Moderator: BearFather

Ajax

Reincarnation System Suggestion

Post by Ajax »

Add a trainer somewhere. I would think at the ivory tower trainer would be good.

GREET [TRAINER]
"Champions whom have reached their maximum level may receive a REINCARATION TOKEN from me."

ask trainer REINCARNATION TOKEN
"It is a small token for you to remember your time and expertise at your current profession
and race. Should you choose to start your life again as another class or race, this token
may be returned to you by He Whom Knows All: Sysbot. Ask me HOW IT WORKS.

ask trainer HOW IT WORKS
"1. A token gives small bonuses that are basic to your profession and race.
2. If you are max level, ask me GIVE [CLASS or RACE] TOKEN. You may have one if you don't
already have one.
3. Before you reroll, you may ask Sysbot REMEMBER [CLASS or
RACE] TOKEN. Ask once for every token you have. Sysbot will take your token.
4. When you reroll, you must keep your exact name.
5. After you have rerolled, you may ask Sysbot to RECALL [CLASS or RACE] TOKEN. Ask once for every
token you had. Sysbot will give your token. Sysbot will not recall remembered
tokens after cleanup."

ask trainer GIVE [CLASS or RACE] TOKEN
checkclass, quit if not correct
or checkrace, quit if not correct
checkitem [class or race] token, quit if found
giveitem [class or race] token
"Congratulations Master."

bard token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+2, ManaRgn+5, MaxMana+5, SC+2, Stealth+3
cleric token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+2, ManaRgen+5, MaxMana+5, SC+2
druid token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ManaRgen+10, MaxMana+10, SC+5
gypsy token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+2, ManaRgen+5, MaxMana+5, SC+2, Stealth+3
mage token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ManaRgen+10, MaxMana+10, SC+5
missionary token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ManaRgen+5, MaxMana+5, SC+2, Stealth+3
mystic token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Crits+2, Dodge+3, Stealth+5
ninja token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Dodge+2, Stealth+5
paladin token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+3, MaxHP+5, SC+1
priest token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ManaRgen+10, MaxMana+10, SC+5
ranger token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+2, ManaRgen+5, MaxMana+5, SC+2, Stealth+3
thief token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Stealth+5
warlock token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+2, ManaRgen+5, MaxMana+5, SC+2
warrior token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+3, AlterHP+5
witchunter token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+3, AlterHP+5, MR+5

dark-elf token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, ACC+1, Illu+10
dwarf token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Encum+5, Illu+10, MR+3
elf token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Illu+5, MaxMana+5
gaunt one token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Illu+25, Percep+5
gnome token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Illu+5, MR+2
goblin token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Illu+5
half-elf token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Illu+3, MaxMana+3
halfling token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Dodge+3
half-ogre LoyalItem, NotDroppable, DR+1, MR+5, Encum+5
half-orc token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+5
human token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+10, MaxMana+10
kang token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AC+1
nekojin token LoyalItem, NotDroppable, Illu+5, Rfir+3

Total bonuses possible:
AC+1, ACC+20, AlterHP+25, Crits+2, Dodge+8, DR+1, Encum+10, Illu+68, ManaRgen+65,
MaxMana+78, MR+12, Percep+5, Rfir+3, SC+27

problem 1: when level 200 and asking a trainer for a token, how does the trainer know if
you have already received a token for your current life.
answer. trainer may give a token for your current class and race only. If you already have
one in your inventory, you will not get another.

problem 2: our inventories on max'ed life #3 or #4 and up will be full of tokens.
answer. I suggest that it's worth it.

problem 3: sysbot will probably not remember your tokens after cleanup. So, if you ask sysbot
to remember tokens, and then you reroll and start playing a fresh char, but forget to recall
your tokens, you will loose them.
answer. There should be a warning for this.

problem 4: if you reroll before you are maxed, you dont keep any tokens you may have
previously earned.
answer. There should be a warning for this also.

BearFather

Re: Reincarnation System Suggestion

Post by BearFather »

Interesting, so when you re-roll, you basically have to be the same class and race again?

I do like the idea of the token, so signify your progress. Something to toy with in my head. I really do want to come up with some sort of epic/mastery for hitting 200 and rolling.

Ajax

Post by Ajax »

I should have included an example.

Ajax is a level 151 goblin mage. This is his first life. He trains up at the ivory tower and
finds the reincarnation trainer around there somewhere. He asks the reincarnation trainer GREET,
REINCARNATION TOKEN, and HOW IT WORKS. He asks GIVE GOBLIN TOKEN. The reincarnation trainer
responds "You are not level 200".

Much later, Ajax return as a level 200 goblin mage. He asks the reincarnation trainer GIVE GOBLIN
TOKEN. The textblock checks Ajax's level (must be 200), race (must be 9), and if he has a goblin
token in his inventory already. The reincarnation trainer gives Ajax a goblin token. Ajax then asks
GIVE MAGE TOKEN. This textblock checks Ajax's level, class, and inventory. It gives Ajax a mage token.
Since Ajax is a cheater, he now asks the reincarnation trainer GIVE WARRIOR TOKEN. Ajax's class does
not match the token that is asked for. The trainer doesn't respond. Ajax asks for a second mage
token. Since he has one in his inventory already, the trainer doesn't respond. Ajax leaves disgruntled.

Much later, Ajax decides its time to reroll. First, he telepaths to Sysbot REMEMBER GOBLIN TOKEN.
Sysbot checks that Ajax is level 200, or he responds "You are not level 200". Sysbot checks that Ajax
has a goblin token in his inventory, and finds one. Sysbot takes that item. Sysbot keeps a score that
the character named Ajax is owed a goblin token. Sysbot telepaths to Ajax "goblin token stored". Ajax
finds that the token is no longer in his inventory. Ajax does the same for the mage token.

Ajax now rolls into a elf bard and keeps his 10% experience. He trains up to level 50 or 60. He now
telepaths to Sysbot RECALL GOBLIN TOKEN. Sysbot checks his score for character named Ajax item number
2808 (for example), is 1. Sysbot gives the item 2808 to Ajax, changes that score to 0, and telepaths
"goblin token recalled". Same process for the mage token. Ajax now goes about life as a elf bard with
2 tokens that give him bonuses of ManaRgn+10, MaxMana+10, Illu+5, SC+5.

Much later, Ajax returns to the reincarnation trainer as a level 200 elf bard. He asks the reincarnaion
trainer GIVE ELF TOKEN, GIVE BARD TOKEN, and receives both. His 4 token now give bonuses ACC+2, Illu+5,
ManaRgn+15, MaxMana+20, SC+7, Stealth+3.

Ajax is a rerolling fool. First, he telepaths to Sysbot REMEMBER GOBLIN TOKEN, REMEMBER MAGE TOKEN,
REMEMBER ELF TOKEN, REMEMBER BARD TOKEN. After Ajax makes sure that Sysbot has taken and received the
tokens, and rolls into a human thief. At least, he can train up to level 80ish this time. He now telepaths
to sysbot RECALL GOBLIN TOKEN, RECALL MAGE TOKEN, RECALL ELF TOKEN, RECALL BARD TOKEN.

And so on... I hope that was sufficiently mansplained.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Very well mansplained, I like the idea. Something I might have to toy with. Might have some cool out comes. Maybe change up the bonuses a little.

Ajax

Post by Ajax »

As I grow closer to level 200, I think about this more and more. I have an alternative:

A priest of Lathander shop that contains:

icon of Lathander = LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+25, MaxMana+25, ACC+3, Crit+1, SC+3, ManaRgn+5
price = 8000 runic
2nd icon of Lathander = LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+50, MaxMana+50, ACC+6, Crit+2, SC+6, ManaRgn+10
price = 8000 runic and a coin of Lathander
3rd icon of Lathander = LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+75, MaxMana+75, ACC+8, Crit+3, SC+9, ManaRgn+15
price = 8000 runic and a 2nd coin of Lathander
4th icon of Lathander - LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+100, MaxMana+100, ACC+10, Crit+4, SC+12, ManaRgn+20
price = 8000 runic and a 3rd coin of Lathander
5th icon of Lathander - LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+125, MaxMana+125, ACC+12, Crit+5, SC+14, ManaRgn+25
price = 8000 runic and a 4th coin of Lathander
6th icon of Lathander - LoyalItem and a NotDroppable, AlterHP+150, MaxMana+150, ACC+14, Crit+6, SC+16, ManaRgn+30
price = 8000 runic and a 5th coin of Lathander
7th icon of Lathander - LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+175, MaxMana+175, ACC+16, Crit+7, SC+18, ManaRgn+35
price = 8000 runic and a 6th coin of Lathander
8th icon of Lathander - LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+200, MaxMana+200, ACC+18, Crit+8, SC+20, ManaRgn+40
price = 8000 runic and a 7th coin of Lathander
9th icon of Lathander - LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+225, MaxMana+225, ACC+20, Crit+9, SC+22, ManaRgn+45
price = 8000 runic and a 8th coin of Lathander
10th icon of Lathander - LoyalItem, NotDroppable, AlterHP+500, MaxMana+500, ACC+25, Crit+10, SC+25, ManaRgn+75
price = 8000 runic and a 9th coin of Lathander

Discription (for all) = This small statuette (or coin) of a winged man reminds your of your (#) past life(s).
The power of Lathander can be felt coursing through it and into your body. It fits discretely in your pocket.

This time, i'll give an example on the first post.

Ajax is a 151 goblin mage. He finds a shop by the 151 trainer, but everything is unuseable.

Ajax returns as a lvl 200. He finds the shop with a load of Lathander icons, all for 8000 runic. He
attempts to buy a 10th icon of Lathander, but the shopkeeper says "you don't have everything required". Ajax
tries to buy the 9th, then 8th, and so on. He finds he can only buy the (1st) icon of Lathander and does so.
He continues life as a max level, gaining bonuses from that item.

Ajax decides to roll. He telepaths "/sysbot remember icon of Lathander". Sysbot returns "icon of Lathander
remembered". Sysbot keeps a score again. Ajax rolls into a elf bard, trains up, telepaths "/sysbot recall
icon of Lathander". Sysbot sys gives him a (1st) coin of Lathander (note "coin", not "icon") that gives the
same bonuses as the (1st) icon of Lathander. Ajax runs through elf bard life up to 200 again with a (1st)
coin of Lathander.

Now Ajax returns to the priest of Lathander. He finds that he may only buy a 2nd icon of Lathander and does so.
He looses 8000 runic and his (1st) coin of Lathander, and gains a 2nd icon of Lathander, giving him twice the bonuses
as before.

This is when Bear tells him that human thieves are under-rated and Ajax buys in. He telepaths to sysbot to
remember the 2nd icon of Lathander, rolls, telepaths to sysbot to recall the 2nd icon of Lathander, and continues
on to totally regret that decision. But, he perseveres on to make it to 200. He power levels as quickly as
possible, hanging anyone is his high k scripting spots. Those high k scripting spots have become big pvp areas
now that everyone wants to roll for bonuses as fast as possible. Some people are using any exploit they can
find to run up the Lathander bonuses.

In this system, everyone's inventory would be in much better shape, but the bonuses would have to be generalized
for all race/classes.

You could also roll into the same race/class and still receive the same bonuses, which may be considered a
good thing or a bad thing.

You could obtain reward at level 150 instead of having to completely max out at 200.. whatever works.

Also in this system, while having a 9th coin of Lathander, and being low level, you would have some rediculas
hps and mana. I suppose the same could be said of the previous system suggested and again, could be viewed as
a good thing or a bad thing.

I also don't know if different bonuses would be required for mystics.

All item names and bonuses are arbitrary, of course. I'm really only concerned with suggesting a system that
could be easily implemented, requires 0 maintenance, and would work for Bear and for players, before I make
it to 200.

I sure wish other people showed interest in this as well. It could move up on Bear's priority list. I understand
that not many people make it to this high level so not many are interested in this. But, that could change
with a new incentive to max and roll.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Hmm another interesting idea, so instead of getting one based on class, you get one that is the same.

goodriddance

Post by goodriddance »

i definitely like the idea but i'm wondering if there is some other unusual bonus that might be more fun as a reward.

like what about giving perfect sneak back to sneaking classes? or a +10% spell damage or +10% spell duration? or access to some lvl 200 club lounge area? :)