1h Leather Class Issues

Moderator: BearFather

Demandrid

1h Leather Class Issues

Post by Demandrid »

So in my limited time here I've noticed some issues with the 1h leather classes and even scanning the player base it seems like they aren't well represented. I figured I could list a few of the issues I see.

1) Gypsy, Bard, Missionary have the same health pool as a druid which was fine in normal mud as BS could usually take out one mob in a room, not the case as mobs HP and damage scale much faster than our BS damage does. Our round damage typically out paces it making BS almost pointless.
2) Leather gear as a whole, we have elven warchain at 50 providing 68 AC and it's pretty much our best set until 90, Crystal is put in as a stop gap at 60 and offers good resists but only has 55 AC while a bit lighter for those races with lower str.
3) 1H weapon options, limited as most other classes have dual hammer's at 50 substantially better than anything in the game of equal level and store bought. Gypsy, Missionary and Bard cant use this.
4) Monsters damage output - monsters in this game get to all out and almost all the new added areas all outs are 200 damage roughly or more. With the limited health pool it makes these areas a no go or extreme risk for these classes.
5) No more stealth - Though we have stealth most mobs now see hidden and we have no perfect stealth so it becomes even harder to to move about to the point its an exp loss to script with stealth due to re sneaking constantly = lost time.
6) Lack of healing outside Missionary, Bard and Gypsy have no way to recover from those large hits mentioned earlier.

Suggestions:

1) Increase BS to make it worth using in pve substantially increasing it's damage either through quests, natural ability or weapons - like bs min +50 bs max +100 allowing a BS class the ability to eliminate one mob before the round goes off resulting in less damage taken as was intended.
2) Leather gear should look at adding health to help combat the lower health pools while still needing to survive those high end hits as most stealth races have low max health.
3) Add 1h Weapon options to compete with other classes pre 70, maybe consider better life stealing weapons as an alternative to help combat the livability issues as well.
4) Bring back perfect stealth for specific race / class combos - Delf, Elf, Halfling, Goblin, Nekojin - note all of these classes have low health pools. Maybe make this a higher level quest than 20 say, 60 when we start to explore those harder editted areas.
6) Make arcane touch mage 2, natures kiss druid 2 (rangers), and give bards a heal spell considering in almost any game bards are a semi healing based class.

Anyhow, just some thoughts and suggestions on how to maybe make these classes a bit more enjoyable and allow them the ability to explore new content and be competitive.

Jek

Re: 1h Leather Class Issues

Post by Jek »

Always good to see solutions together with problems; thanks!

1) Increase BS to make it worth using in pve substantially increasing it's damage either through quests, natural ability or weapons - like bs min +50 bs max +100 allowing a BS class the ability to eliminate one mob before the round goes off resulting in less damage taken as was intended.
--Yup.
2) Leather gear should look at adding health to help combat the lower health pools while still needing to survive those high end hits as most stealth races have low max health.
--Silk healing spell seems to outclass leather agility spell (ewc) or elemental res (cdh).
3) Add 1h Weapon options to compete with other classes pre 70, maybe consider better life stealing weapons as an alternative to help combat the livability issues as well.
--The dual weapons are very good yes; careful not to take away from the 2h users who want to give up the shield.
4) Bring back perfect stealth for specific race / class combos - Delf, Elf, Halfling, Goblin, Nekojin - note all of these classes have low health pools. Maybe make this a higher level quest than 20 say, 60 when we start to explore those harder editted areas.
--Dunno..
6) Make arcane touch mage 2, natures kiss druid 2 (rangers), and give bards a heal spell considering in almost any game bards are a semi healing based class.
--Yup.

Demandrid

Post by Demandrid »

Always good to see solutions together with problems; thanks!

--Yup.
--Silk healing spell seems to outclass leather agility spell (ewc) or elemental res (cdh). - Agreed, honestly the ewc spell is kinda lackluster, the cdh res is nice but health is king unless the res is 90%
--The dual weapons are very good yes; careful not to take away from the 2h users who want to give up the shield. -- Good point, class restricted 1h bard, gypsy, missionary to make that a non-issue
--Dunno..
--Yup.

Demandrid

Post by Demandrid »

Thought of another solution with regards to our issues and our lack of level 70 leather armor, that is a serious upgrade for all other armor types.

What about making Crystal Dragon gear have a level 70 upgrade version with Khalif, no need to add a new set or anything just greatly upgraded stats to be in line with others such as:

Decrease Enc.
Increase AC to be at or slightly better than EWC.
Increase resists / damage / health / BS damage etc. / hp regen

I think this could go a long way to helping the leather classes except druid though we can adjust those stats for a caster like some of the other items have.

Just another idea: i dont mind helping do the edits to make this happen :)

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I like the idea of making the crystal dragon armour upgrade-able at 70. Altho I could just create a new set of leathers that come from menzo. But I like the idea of crystal dragon being upgrade-able.

Wintermute

Post by Wintermute »

Upgraded crystal dragon gear at lvl 70 with similar buffs to the other lvl 70 gear will give those leather guys a much more level footing. Plus, that super rgen buff will solve the healing spell difficulties, imo. The yellow house shop has lots of crystal hides for sale!