Retired characters in stock - rule suggestions

Moderator: BearFather

DrizztD

Retired characters in stock - rule suggestions

Post by DrizztD »

So, i've scoured the forums and cannot see anything depicting rules for retired characters.

Really, i can think of only 2 that make perfect sense depending on scenario, i have outlined my proposal on this below:

Scenario one:

Retired characters should not be allowed to carry/hoard limited items: Once a character has been designated retired (I assume this is when they can no longer earn exp however this is not defined either) they should have to flush their limited gear. By definition retired means no longer active, meaning they have no use for adventuring, top gear.

Or

Scenario two:

Retired characters should not be allowed to sit in non-pvp rooms: Keeping gear can be a sign of achievement in the game, although i'd argue having 45 billion and being in the top list forever gives a bigger sign of achievement. This being said, they could be allowed to keep all their gear, however they must sit somewhere (anywhere) that is not designated as a safe, non-pvp room.

Thoughts? As of right now, 4 retired characters in our realm sit in the support chamber, with no options to ever try to engage with them. One of them helps whenever needed, however thats 25% of the characters, 75% sits untouched and overly unseen 24/7.

Thoughts?

BearFather

Re: Retired characters in stock - rule suggestions

Post by BearFather »

There is a post on the frontpage of the website about them.

http://bearfather.net/retiring-characters/