New Ranger Spells

Moderator: BearFather

Wintermute

New Ranger Spells

Post by Wintermute »

I was trying to think of spells that I would like. I think the combat is really balanced in the 50-70 range, so I wouldn't want to mess that up with new powerful buffs. Instead, I was thinking about spells that would make exploring and partying easier. I came up with these two so far.

Escape From Notice
Stealth +100, Dodge +40, Picklocks +50, DisarmTraps +50
Target: Self

Friend of the Wild
Negates: temple of fire fire(218), black water(453), holding breath(512), drowning(513), drowned to death(514), magma heat(526), magma heat(1435), RoomIllu +100, counts as a raft
Target: Party

BearFather

Re: New Ranger Spells

Post by BearFather »

I like the first one, the second on not bad, but sorry can't do the raft thing. The rope and log thing is hard to deal with cause it's calling to an item # and only 1 item can have that #. Another limitation to mud :(

Spud

Post by Spud »

BearFather wrote:I like the first one, the second on not bad, but sorry can't do the raft thing. The rope and log thing is hard to deal with cause it's calling to an item # and only 1 item can have that #. Another limitation to mud :(
Or give Ranger a version of Song of Travel. Call it the Melody of the Sloth, +10% enc for 120 rounds ;)

cuckoorules

Post by cuckoorules »

BearFather wrote:I like the first one, the second on not bad, but sorry can't do the raft thing. The rope and log thing is hard to deal with cause it's calling to an item # and only 1 item can have that #. Another limitation to mud :(
You can just negate the river spell or add it as a failitem line in the textblock that the river spell launches to check for the different log items. I did this on mudrev using the 2nd quest reward stones. EDIT: I'm stupid and just realized this is a spell and not an item. Sorry. But since it's an illu effect you could just make it work like that stupid mage illu spell and summon a readyable item that contains the negates on it for a duration of time. If you don't want others to be able to share it, you could just make the readyable item not droppable and delete on death or something.