Bugs and Ideas

Moderator: BearFather

BearFather

Re: Bugs and Ideas

Post by BearFather »

Spud:
I have been adding items lately that do + to spell damage, and Can't make a spell cost less mana or change it's diff. I would jus add mana, and add SC to help with those.

Ill:
Spells: I told you before you got it dark fork will not be easy to cast, but it has the high max damage on it. So in time the fork will do better then Dbolt. But Dbolt will cost less to cast, but do less damage. What is your current SC? And you sure you got all the best items for SC, not just mana and mana regen.
Items: For the weapons in the end the greatsword has a high max dmg, and would be the bonus over the warhammer. But before I dig my self in the hole I will have to look at the stats again. The black ada's have been tweaked several times cause of how powerful they used to be. Maybe the warhammer got better in these tweaks.

All:
I love this type of feedback, cause sometimes what I plan doesn't always work the same in game as on paper. Makes me go re-look at the numbers.

iLLprophet

Post by iLLprophet »

I have somewhere around a 340 SC, I might be able to tweak it a little bit to get it to 360ish at the most. And with SC only increasing a few points per lvl, how long should one have to wait to get just "decent" at casting a spell? That's a steep hill to climb after already struggling for so many levels.

With the black adamantite weapons- I've been testing the greatsword out for 10 levels now (70 - 80) and it always seems to come back with the same results, not worth going 2H for negligible results and sacrificing ac/dr with no shield.

Spud

Post by Spud »

BearFather wrote:Spud:
I have been adding items lately that do + to spell damage, and Can't make a spell cost less mana or change it's diff. I would jus add mana, and add SC to help with those.

Ill:
Spells: I told you before you got it dark fork will not be easy to cast, but it has the high max damage on it. So in time the fork will do better then Dbolt. But Dbolt will cost less to cast, but do less damage. What is your current SC? And you sure you got all the best items for SC, not just mana and mana regen.
Items: For the weapons in the end the greatsword has a high max dmg, and would be the bonus over the warhammer. But before I dig my self in the hole I will have to look at the stats again. The black ada's have been tweaked several times cause of how powerful they used to be. Maybe the warhammer got better in these tweaks.

All:
I love this type of feedback, cause sometimes what I plan doesn't always work the same in game as on paper. Makes me go re-look at the numbers.
Bear setup a UAT realm so we can help you test things !

Spud

Post by Spud »

iLLprophet wrote:I have somewhere around a 340 SC, I might be able to tweak it a little bit to get it to 360ish at the most. And with SC only increasing a few points per lvl, how long should one have to wait to get just "decent" at casting a spell? That's a steep hill to climb after already struggling for so many levels.

With the black adamantite weapons- I've been testing the greatsword out for 10 levels now (70 - 80) and it always seems to come back with the same results, not worth going 2H for negligible results and sacrificing ac/dr with no shield.
Bear this goes back to the root of Plate/AC is King over all other stats due to the nature of the Mobs in the edits.

The new Triceratop Shield you made is nice and all, but unless there is like a lvl 75 version of the Draka - 2H damage output > 1H (ironically the case now for WH).

On average 50% proc on the Black Adamantite items gives an average of 7 swings according to Ill's testing. This makes combat-5 erm... moot. Are you able to increase swings for Combat-5 perhaps and balance it out with low proc rates on Magma Spear ? Maybe a special questline to receive training at the fabled Melee-Magthere *wink* and get 8 swings :)

The dual hammers are still carrying my priest at lvl 76 - its hard to give up 7/8 swings on average.

The min/max stat strategy now seems to be skewed towards is AC/DR > Swings > Crits > HP/Regen > MP/Regen.

If the mobs can't touch you it's as good as a passive HP regen.

If you can kill it via melee, then why bother casting.

Some other thoughts :

1) I wonder if you could experiment with a zone with a max spawn of 1 mob per square, but every alternate square is a regen spot - good for BSers ?

2) A new mob type which would be a glass canon (mystic), high evasion, high damage output, but susceptible to spells ? i.e. roomers will do fine, but high AC will melt.

3) A variation of the exploding zombies, for high level roomers.

4) A nice scripting place but with some kind of elemental DOT (think a variation volcano magma drips) - this place would rock for characters with high MR *cough* witchies, i.e. the DOTs will be single digit or non-existence for high MRs but double digits for low MRs. (Perhaps a new Volcano Crater/Magma Pits/Flame Peaks zone in Chult where the Triceratop Armour will have added resists) Make MR special and useful.

my rant stops here for now - have to shower the kids.

Joejo

Post by Joejo »

I can see how low exp charts would be very useful back in the day with people racing to level, get those limited items and spots claimed early. With so much more end-game now, and people committed to their chars for many months I'm wondering if a change in racial attributes and their exp charts could help diversify racial choice and encourage more exploration (i.e. scripting obscure areas, asymmetric boss fights).

for example (without too much consideration for lore)

dark-elf immune to fear (running around and frozen in place kind)
Gaunt One immune to confusion
Nekojin doesn't require climbing gear or waterskins
Dwarf get a racial restricted armor set, or negate swampy water damage, maybe negate drowning
Goblin get hirelings at reduced cost or longer duration
Half-elf immune to holds
Halfling immune to slow
Humans get to ride Jeffrey around the desert
Half-Ogre negate monster Spirit Horde or drain spells
Elf get early access to vortex and NPP
Kang negate monster dragonfire

Any added attribute should come with commiserate increase in exp chart.

I'd like to see stats cap out at higher levels if possible, kinda sad to level and not be able to spend CPs because you picked Human...I did. I don't know if that can be done without breaking balance. Armor can get heavier, monsters can require more accuracy, and spells more SC, so they could necessitate higher stats, and a use for those unspent CPs.

As always, thanks for the awesomeness.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I kinda like those ideas. But first off can't touch CP''s and have already raised the cp limit once. But I have added Ion stones that give you + to stats.

For the racial bonuses maybe give these rewards(the ones that are feasible) as a quest around lvl 90 or so. Might give you guys something to strive for.

iLLprophet

Post by iLLprophet »

Ill:
I gain +2SC per level. Such a minimal amount and an awful many levels to wait to be able to decently cast these new spells. I still maintain its too high.

iLLprophet

Post by iLLprophet »

I also got to thinking it's time for a mage to have a new magic armour spell.. I noticed druids upwards of 120/30+ ac/dr.. and priests even higher. Mages are lucky to be 90/15 at comparable levels??? Perhaps some sort of glowing sphere of protection and make use of all those nice colors out there.. perhaps something to protect against magic attacks, high MR, either to protect the whole party or single user. Just something to beef up the ac/dr..

Joejo

Post by Joejo »

Thanks for cluing me in on the ion stones, that solved a whole lot of problems for me :).

Ok last two ideas I swear:

1. A way to improve old items - ex. Kill the Kraken and Water giant with the Hellblade, it turns into the Sword of Broseidon which is a decent, usable version of that weapon. Hellblade nukes and is there for someone else to get. Could do that for other items that don't see much play, or popular limiteds to keep them circulating.

2. I forgot my second idea.

Jek

Post by Jek »

Hi Everybody,

A few suggestions aimed at improving class diversity and mid-level interest on the edited board.

* Seems that the new Witchunter quests and weapons added in mod9 really helped this non-magic using class and it would be a good thing to continue in this direction.
* Would like to see some of the non-magic using classes get some more attention, so they are more viable in the realm.
* Some of the spell casting classes have enjoyed a good deal of attention, others, not so much.

On Quests:
--Perhaps at level 60 each class can perform some sort of class-based quest, this quest can be a 'balancing tool' to buff up some of the more underwhelming classes
--and keep the player base up during the exp doldrums from 50-70.

More Equipment:
--New class-specific weeapons or armor for: Thief, Ninja, and Warrior

Improved Spells:
--Seems Bard has been neglected in comparison to the other casters and needs a boost:
----Updated versions of some (most) spells, possibly new ones:
------1) Improved travel:------[ +100 enc, 100 rounds, party ]
------2) Improved elements:--[ +40 elemental resistance, 100 rounds, party ]
------3) Song of purity:--------[ Cure Poison ]
------4) Song of freedom:-----[ Freedom ]

Bear - Thanks for hosting a bbs, very cool, you rock!