Bugs and Ideas

Moderator: BearFather

BearFather

Bugs and Ideas

Post by BearFather »

To push you guys to help me keep track of ideas you have, I making this post to help keep track of your guys cool idea's. And of course help me fix my horrible spelling mistakes.

So let's hear them.

BearFather

Re: Bugs and Ideas

Post by BearFather »

So as you guys know I working on a new update, that is geared towards lvl 70-90. So give me idea's on what you want to see.

iLLprophet

Post by iLLprophet »

Id like to see a few weapons available for mages, it's slim pickins out there right now.

Spud

Post by Spud »

Okay just going to talk positives i.e. buff what's lacking to be on par with what's out there

Witchunter :

- can we look to having all the minor item slot upgrades ? e.g. belt, eyes, ears, bracers, rings, cloak - most of the inventory slots are relics of the Crimson Fort tier
- 2nd bracelet slot ? a sunstone upgrade perhaps ? similar to mithril feather ?
- make MR more useful, in term of scripting - plate has its advantages now almost all high lvl script zones, perhaps a magical mob zone where MR really shines in negating incoming dmg or returning some heals past a cap, if WH are meant to script solo then this idea makes sense
- alternatively buff the high level heal spells to make them not resist-able
- revisiting MSC and make it viable ? +AC, increase the speed, improve the accuracy
- weapon diversity instead of 2H all the way, would be great if we have 1H options with a shield
- combat 5 should mean something, at the present moment the availability of +8 mag weapons off the shelf makes it moot (again I'm all for buffing to make WH on par than nerfing), vs the newts I can have a full round of single digits something like, 1, 4, 2, 5 after taking into account the high amount of DR on them - really this means WH depends on CRITS to do 1k output (I use 1k out per round as a gauge based of the HPs of the high level mobs to get a decent script rate)

Druid :

- what is the high level vision for this class ? half melee caster or roomer ?
- high level itemisation to suit the vision above
* - upgraded mend spell
* - upgraded regen/rhel spell
* - new room spell at 90

Priest :

- seems to be in a good spot now, not OP or under powered

Content :

- more mob / zone variety (Phaerimms was really a cool idea - but its sort of not scriptable) and shift away from high AC/DR types
- more party scripting zones (i.e. the rate should be equivalent to going solo more or less or more ?)
- more FR themed zones
- more unique high level items in other slots not just weapons
- would love to see some high level bows, crossbows, staffs
- item procs with unique colours are really really really cool (more please with bright orange colours)
- more dailies ?

Quest :

- quests are cool
- quests to combine weapon types are cooler
- quests to upgrade items are also cool
- quests to add stats are cool
- consider selling 5th alignment quest weapons of other alignments and spells past 80 ?

Less :

- mazes
- funky travel mechanics that mega can't really keep up with (automate)

* - edits above
Last edited by Spud on Sat May 27, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Thank you Poet, exactly what I want to hear. Seems Chult part 3 might become a bigger update then I expected, if I can get more feed back like this.

Joejo

Post by Joejo »

Here are a few I thought about

Quest/Crafting Rewards
-Could be interesting to have a ~lvl60 quest/craft to augment or change quest cloaks.
change the cloak entirely, make a portion of it's charge ability permanent (remove charge), or perhaps lower the power of it's charge and make it infinite.

-Set bonuses are always maximum fun (thanks Megaman X and Blizzard)
Collection could be a process - mix of crafting/boss killing/questing.
If your feeling sadistic you could make a few pieces limited to encourage PVP and some mean-spirited gossips.

-A way to change race or boost base stats (could be game breaking)

-A quest or event to summon an evil/neutral/good boss in town that roams around, maybe killing gaurds and players. Could make it drop a semi-decent item or lots of money to make it more of a fun distraction than an interruption. Die on cleanup

-Maybe make lvl 30 questors loyal and nuke on lvl 45, just to encourage rotation.

-Expand the lvl 30 quest area: Hides can be bought so that drops the challenge a bit. I like the idea of a boss or something, maybe requiring the use of non-standard spells like Flash.

-Quest/crafting to improve rope and grapple or skiff (maybe drop enc, or grant access to other areas)

-PVP daily - could be inside the portal arena (could limit entry to encourage fair fights/competition)

-Craft drops requiring scripting of off-areas

Power curve
-Perhaps make areas/bosses that favor gear selection that sacrifices high damage for higher defense or greater resistance. I'm not sure how well this would work, I think it was tried with the dragon areas, but not super successful. AQ mask for ocean works pretty well for this, but I'm thinking more of stacking specific types of gear that'd make highly difficult impossible areas/bosses possible/rewarding.

Classes
-WH - Maybe have some sort of buff against magic bosses (e.g. drain energy to drop swings/spells if possible). Supposedly they don't have a cap on their resistance to spells although MME says 75%. If there is no cap maybe more ways to get more MR.

-Paladins - I dunno, maybe three handed weapons, a way to attack two mobs at once. something nice :)

-Mages - A ridiculously difficult quest for a mage staff, maybe costing thousands of runics and several Wet scrolls.

-Bard - Randomly gossip song lyrics from terrible acts (Celion Dion, Stryper, etc.)

-Class Reversion - Have no idea how to do this, but always thought it'd be cool to evolve into a specialized or buffed vesion of your class at the cost of levels

Exploration
-Area that requires prot good, or prot evil - if those work well.
-Undead area where healing damages mobs, or provides some kind of debuff.
-Puzzles - Tower of Hanoi is a popular one, or spelling something out through steps ala Pyramid.
-More gambling - higher stakes (maybe items).
-Mazes that use colored text to hint at solution (if possible).
-Mazes that crash Megamud with wrong turns.

*These are all just ideas, certainly not suggestions. I'm not sure how much any of these would be game breaking. I'd be more than happy to help test changes you make if it's ever needed.
**This board is awesome, really appreciate all the stuff that's been added, very clever stuff.
***Waiting room at the hireling shop is spelled 'waitng' I think.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Hey Joe, I been waiting to talk to you in game but haven't seen ya.

Unfortunately some of your cooler ideas are not possible with the game. But give me a holler in game got a few questions on your ideas, and like to clarify.

Spud

Post by Spud »

Hey Bear,

Here's another idea - instead of creating an ever longer list of more powerful spells, is there a way to amp up older spells ?
- trinket that adds +20 spell damage
- trinket that reduces -diff
- trinket that reduces mana cost

Or maybe making new spells might just be easier ;-) Just a thought.

iLLprophet

Post by iLLprophet »

So I did some long testing on the difference in using the black adamantite warhammer and the greatsword and there's virtually no difference in avg round. My average hit was slightly higher (by like 2 pts), but other than that I found no incentive to use the greatsword (2h) over the warhammer (1h) because of the added bonus of using a shield with it. Maybe its time to revisit the weapons stats? :?:

iLLprophet

Post by iLLprophet »

Also, I agree with Spud on the newer spells. I have top gear, full blesses and I basically successfully cast the spells ~25% of the time. Nothing against priests but I can see the big heal spells being a little difficult to cast, but a mage unable to cast his attack spells is fairly useless and a totally liability, which I dont think should be the case at level 75+ when other classes can just grab up the new gear and devastate the mobs. I'm basically still using quest 5 spells to carry me. Right now dblt (mage2) far out performs dfrk (mag3) which means a warlock or gypsy can outshine a mage. -250 diff for dfrk might be a good starting point, even though I think it may still be too high. just my 2. Other than that I can't wait for the new update!