New class?

Moderator: BearFather

BearFather

New class?

Post by BearFather »

So looking at adding a new class, and wondering what your guys wants and needs.

I have been thinking about a new kai class, less combat, more about powers.

Thoughts, concerns?

Webslinger

Re: New class?

Post by Webslinger »

OK, so I've given this post some thought over the past few days. Please keep in mind that I'm still a noob in the class/race department, so be kind.
All I know about Kai powers is that it seems to fuel Mystics...maybe Mages (not sure on that one). Did some research and came up with this idea. Maybe it's hokey, maybe not, but a contribution nonetheless...
So the class would be a Monk, and I'm surprised this isn't already a class in MajorMud. As far as combat and/or powers are concerned...they would be known as 'disciplines' and might consist of the following (yes, I kiped a lot of this info. from a website I came across)...

Camouflage - The ability to remain undetected, both in terms of remaining hidden when in natural surroundings, and blending in with the natives when in more urban settings.
Hunting - The ability to find food virtually anywhere, except in extreme arctic or desert conditions. Additionally confers a certain speed and manual dexterity.
Sixth-sense - The ability to sense imminent danger or a concealed threat. Also the ability to sense when something is not what it seems.
Tracking - The ability to track a person or object, or to determine the correct path to take in order to reach a given destination.
Healing - A natural ability to heal wounds more quickly than average.
Weapons skill - Focus and mastery of a single weapon or weapon category.
Mindshield - The ability to protect one's mind from mental or psychic attacks, particularly those of agents of evil.
Mindblast - The ability to attack an enemy using the force of one's mind, increasing general combat prowess except against foes who are specifically immune.
Animal kinship - The ability to bond with and communicate with animals.
Mind over matter - Telekinesis, or the ability to move small objects with one's mind.

Class rankings as you achieve certain levels would be...
1. Novice
2. Doan
3. Acolyte
4. Initiate
5. Aspirant
6. Guardian
7. Journeyman
8. Savant
9. Master
10. Lord

As for armor, they would wear tunics and the color of their tunic would indicate their rank/level. Each tunic would come with special abilities that would increase as you obtain the next colored tunic in line with you ranking/level, i.e. Kai Novice = white, Kai Doan = yellow, Kai Acolyte = orange, Kai Initiate = green, Kai Aspirant = blue, Kai Guardian = brown, Kai Journeyman = black, Kai Savant = red/white, Kai Master = red/black, Kai Lord = gold

Hopefully there's enough here to generate some ideas/create a vision for how this class would operate. If so, great! If it sucks, well...I killed Oz the Vampire today and got my massive black gem, so there :)

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

It's a start, mystics are the only one who does kai in a stock realm.

Some of these ideas in abilities but some are doable. I will have to steal a few of those idea's, since what I want to do is make another kai based class.

lucid2310

Post by lucid2310 »

perhaps you could rename the mystic to monk and make the mystic more of a healer type, when I think of a mystic it's more of a shaman / cleric healer type. https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Mystic_(3.5e_Class)

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Hmm not a bad idea on the rename. Cause a mud mystic is basically a DnD monk.

cuckoorules

Post by cuckoorules »

I always thought it'd be kinda neat to have a totally absurd class -- you know, like an AntiMagic Mage-10 Natural armour class (natural armour is a level below silk) but this would require a lot of effort to complete sets of gear. I am not sure if you can actually have an AntiMagic caster, but the idea would be that you can only really cast spells on others and not yourself.. so you're like a super glass cannon class or something of the sort. Not sure where I would want combat to fall if I did something like this.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

No I have not touched any classes. My board pretty stock it's some minor tweaks and new areas, quests and items.And looking for something that's not OP, but something cool and new.