GosLink3

New and Modified Areas, Spells, Monsters, etc created by users. Importable via Nightmare.
BearFather

Re: GosLink3

Post by BearFather »

Updated to version 3.19

Added new mail function.
Fixed more bad spelling.
Couple small minor bug fixes.

New mail functions allow people to send mail to other players in current or other realms. When you launch this new version for the first time it will create a mail folder, that it stores mails to players in. In windows it will delete the files properly, but Linux having issues with it not deleting the files all the time.

@mail <player>@<realm> msg
Will send a mail to player in the realm selected.
@mail help
Will display the help message

@checkmail
Will check for new mail sent to you.

korvikan

Post by korvikan »

Hey Bear -

Thanks for creating this bot. I am now using it and it seems to be working great. Just a question.

On your board, you have a way of "Tying" the 2-3 chars together that people have. And if there is a PVP incident disabling access. Can you share any info on how you do this? I am just curious so I can look at a way to implement it. I have a PVP realm, and I want to disable retrain and the ability to change the alignment for a while after someone initiates PVP.

Thanks again for creating this. It is SO much better than using three running versions of megamud to change alignment and offer retrains.

-James

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Awesome, glad its working for you with no issues.

As far as tracking PVP I do that manually. I add and remove names from the deny files, and do a /sys !reload deny to place them into effect.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Had goslink3 running for two realms since yesterday. Today I noticed the server CPU was spiked to 100% and my free memory was low. both were being eaten by goslink. Any ideas?

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Did this happen after cleanup? Have you set the right cleanup message?

The reason I ask I been chasing a bug lately with it sometime loosing a thread during cleanup that takes a ton of cpu power doing a dead re-dial. I have been unable to find it when I do it by hand, but pops up once in awhile after cleanup.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

couldn't say for sure when it happened. i did put some commands to kill the task and restart it during cleanup. i can let you know if it happens again.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

Update, last night at 3am when board went for cleanup the CPU was spiked ( i checked after it wen't down and goslink was already in a trying to reconnect state). The process was properly killed and restarted by my cleanup script. So far halfway through today it has not spiked yet. I did just notice I had two "tmsg2" cofig'd for messages in the message.cfg.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Yeah something happens at cleanup that breaks the thread. I believe it has to do with the cleanup message not being correct. But this doesn't happen for me but like once a month, most times it's smooth and drops and re-creates the thread properly.

syntax
Site Admin

Post by syntax »

the cleanup message is correct.