Repent System

New and Modified Areas, Spells, Monsters, etc created by users. Importable via Nightmare.
syntax
Site Admin

Repent System

Post by syntax »

Author: Demosthenes (AIM: gabriel225, Email: gabriel424 at hotmail)
Created: 8/17/2004
Base Mud Version: v1.11o
Description--
Many people have issues with the EP system as it stands, especially since it is only slightly configurable. This add-on allows users to go to Chancellor Annora and repent their sins (ask annora repent). As it stands, it *will* allow Good & Neutral users to repent, but will not allow them to become Saints. It ports the user in a no exit room with 100% confusion for 15 minutes. at the end of the 15 minutes, they lose 10 ep.

Changelog
v1.0
07/02/04
First Release

Records

Spells (new): 2067-2068
Messages (new): 10061-10065

Textblocks (new): 8232-8234
Textblocks (mod): 335-336 - adds repent command to annora, info to greet msg

Rooms (mod):
-1/1322 (removes align restrict to enter monastery)
-1/1326 (unused room changed to chapel for repenting)
-1/1333 (removes protected status from Annora\'s room - people may be attacked after returning from repenting)
Attachments
Repent_System_v1.0.zip
(23.73 KiB) Downloaded 557 times

msdss

Re: Repent System

Post by msdss »

I was told that this version had a few bugs in it.
I'm not sure what those bugs are, just that they are there.

Does anyone know what is wrong with it so that I can either fix it myself or look for a newer version?

virucizer

Re: Repent System

Post by virucizer »

not sure about this specific file, but some mudrevs had a bug that I think related to the line that prevented sainthood. The EP check should probably be moved after the teleport out, otherwise the repenter will be stuck in the back room indefinitely.

If not already clear, that bug happens because the the text block fails at the EP check, so no EPs are forgiven, and the user does not teleport.