5th Weapon Trader

New and Modified Areas, Spells, Monsters, etc created by users. Importable via Nightmare.
Zero

5th Weapon Trader

Post by Zero »

Author: Harvester
Created: 3/16/2014
Base Mud Version: v1.11p
Description--
This addon allows players to trade the weapon they are rewarded from the 5th alignment quest for a token of appropriate alignment. This token can then be traded for a weapon of appropriate alignment that their class could have received instead.

It's a pretty straightforward addon, designed with stock realms in mind. In the code section below, I have pasted the contents of the readme.txt file.

Code: Select all

OVERVIEW:
Since it's the final boss and alignment quest in the game, it can be depressing when you don't roll the weapon you were hoping for over the past 50+ levels. This addon attempts to address that, by adding an NPC that will allow you to swap between your valid weapon choices.

DISCLAIMER: I went with database numbers available to a stock realm (listed below). These numbers may conflict with other addons/edits, so PLEASE CHECK BEFORE IMPORTING, because you do so at your own risk. This is my first addon, and I welcome any feedback. Best place will be the thread I created in the mudinfo.net forums. 

KEY INFO:
Trade weapon in for an alignment token then trade token in for a new weapon. Must be level 50 to obtain weapon, and a valid class that can get it from 5th alignment quest. Tokens are 1enc, nodrop, loyal, and equipable in worn slot (no alignment requirement) as a badge of honor or possible source of stats (left blank and to decision of OPs). No abilties(or quest flags) checked or used, so it can be repeated.

TESTING:
Using Macros, I tested all 15 stock classes against all 42 stock weapons. Classes can only get weapons available to them in a stock game. All weapons can be traded into tokens. 

HOW IT WORKS:
The player goes to a new room, Ancient Armory, located in Silvermere park. From the fountain, go up through the hidden exit, and then south. An NPC named Scot is placed there, and he has the following commands highlighted when you greet him:

exchange - Explanation and syntax used for trading (shown below)
token - An explanation of the token 
good - List of weapons available to each class from good alignment quest
neutral - List of weapons available to each class from neutral alignment quest
evil - List of weapons available to each class from evil alignment quest

EXCHANGING:

TLDR version:
Ask Scot <weapon> - Trade in <weapon> for a token.
Ask Scot for <weapon> - Trade in token for <weapon>

ASK SCOT EXCHANGE TEXTBLOCK(with example):
You must be level 50 to obtain a weapon, and the correct class to obtain it 
through questing. Also, tokens are of the same alignment, so if you trade in an 
evil weapon you will get an evil token. Evil tokens can only be traded for evil
 weapons.

To change a weapon into a token, the syntax is "ask Scot <weapon>". For 
example, "ask Scot anointed morningstar" will trade in that weapon for a token
 of good alignment.

To change a token into a weapon, the syntax is "ask Scot for <weapon>". For
 example, "ask Scot for anointed morningstar" will trade a token of good 
alignment for that weapon.

POSSIBLE EXPLOITS:
Only two things I could think of. First would be someone grabbing your quest weapon and trading it in for a token. However, in a stock mud someone can take your weapon if you drop it, so I left it as is. Secondly, if you reroll, the token is essentially an extra quest weapon in the game. Again though, this is the same as a normal mud. There is a plus side that as soon as you hit level 50, you can trade in your token and get a weapon for your new class (alignment would be same as original class). I didn't think this needed addressing either.

DATABASE ENTRIES:

ROOMS:
Map 1, 3464

MONSTERS:
1119 - Scot \\ In tribute to the Sysop of board I played when younger, and a friend, who passed away in 2013.

ITEMS:
2048 - Token of Mercy \\ good alignment token
2049 - Token of Balance \\ neutral alignment token
2050 - Token of Hate \\ evil alignment token

4000 - You must be level 50 to recieve a weapon!
4001 - You do not have the token needed to do that!
4002 - You hand the token to Scot and recieve your new weapon.
4003 - You do not have that weapon!
4004 - You place your weapon on the desk, and Scot hands you a token.
4005 - Your class can not use that weapon!

TEXTBLOCKS
2300 -> 2483 

I left a few empty textblocks in this range. 2300 + 2301 is greet command for Scot, 2302 and 2303 are explanations, 2304 is good chart, 2305 is neutral chart, 2306 is evil chart. 2310 begins the textblocks to trade weapons for tokens. 2400 begins the textblocks to trade tokens for weapons.

DISCLAIMER: I went with database numbers available to a stock realm (listed above). These numbers may conflict with other addons/edits, so PLEASE CHECK BEFORE IMPORTING, because you do so at your own risk. This is my first addon, and I welcome any feedback. Best place will be the thread I created in the mudinfo.net forums. 
I welcome any comments or questions, post below or send me a PM.
Last edited by Zero on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zero

Re: Addon: 5th Weapon Trader

Post by Zero »

Uploading the file to this post for now. Leave some feedback if you try it.
Attachments
5thWeaponTrader.zip
(27.29 KiB) Downloaded 609 times

syntax
Site Admin

Re: Addon: 5th Weapon Trader

Post by syntax »

I got the upload. I think I'll create a new forum section here and migrate all of the addons over to the forums. The antiquated way I have them up there now sucks and having them for would allow for easier discussion. I also have an addon from someone else that has been sitting in my inbox for over a year :oops:

syntax
Site Admin

Re: 5th Weapon Trader

Post by syntax »

moved to new forum. bumping to top.

Zero

Re: 5th Weapon Trader

Post by Zero »

I think it was a great idea to create a new forum for the addons, and thank you for continuing to host everything after all these years. Went ahead and edited both my posts to bring them in line with the template you used.