WCCMMUD.INI Location - other edits

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Corvette

WCCMMUD.INI Location - other edits

Post by Corvette »

I was reading about this:

https://kyau.net/wiki/MajorMUD:Documentation#Hex_Edits

Where do I find the WCCMMUD.INI file? I've searched my hd and it does not come up. Or do I need to create the file?

Also, what file do I hex edit for the the edits they recommend?

Ravyn

Re: WCCMMUD.INI Location - other edits

Post by Ravyn »

Default install directory should be in C:\WGSERV, that's where the ini file is, along with WCCMMUD.DLL.

I didnt read the hex edits article but what you are wanting may already be in southern crosses 1.0x update, etc..

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

Ravyn wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:57 pm Default install directory should be in C:\WGSERV, that's where the ini file is, along with WCCMMUD.DLL.

I didnt read the hex edits article but what you are wanting may already be in southern crosses 1.0x update, etc..
I have been running a "stock" install for a few weeks now on a local computer. So I did an entire hd search for wccmmud.ini. Even tried a *.ini search and found many ini files. But no WCCMMUD.INI. Should I be concerned with my install? So far it's been running fine. At least to my knowledge.

Ravyn

Post by Ravyn »

I don't think it can run without it. Instead of searching, open a file browser, choose C:\WGSERV and manually scroll down through all the files until you see it. make sure you can see file extensions and show all files.

Corvette

Post by Corvette »

Ravyn wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:26 pm I don't think it can run without it. Instead of searching, open a file browser, choose C:\WGSERV and manually scroll down through all the files until you see it. make sure you can see file extensions and show all files.
That did it, thank you. I had extensions and hidden files/folders selected to show. Forgot to add the switch to show operating system files. DOH!