New boss will not spawn

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
BlackLotus

New boss will not spawn

Post by BlackLotus »

I made a new mini area as well as a new minor boss but no matter what I try to do I cannot get it to spawn in the room I set up for it. This is the first time editing and I basically took the beholders room in the Ancient Ruins and looked at it as a template for the room for the new boss and that was a fail. :/

Bloodrock

Re: New boss will not spawn

Post by Bloodrock »

did you place boss in the npc location for room the permanent npc under the npc/items/coins tab

BlackLotus

Post by BlackLotus »

That is the first thing I did. I also tried different room types. I have had it as a lair, and a coliseum. I have also tried setting it up as a normal regen lair setting up the indexes without success.

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Two questions, is there an empty rooms between this room and the last room on the map? IE if last room on the map is 500, and you add in room 700. That gap will stop mud from regening monsters, to fix in nightmare under goto tools/rooms/insert buffer rooms.

Second have you ran an offline recovery? Sometimes this is needed to pick up mob regens

BlackLotus

Post by BlackLotus »

There are no empty rooms. Map 10 stops at room 306 and the new area starts at 307 going up to 332. I just ran the offline database recovery and the new boss popped up! Thank You for the help! :)

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

I kinda remember map 10 having an issue. Maybe someone else can verify that. But if thats not the issue make sure the boss regen time is set to 0, and if it has a limit make sure the active count is 0.

Ravyn

Post by Ravyn »

Almost every new area i have is on map 10, probably 8k new rooms. no problems there. Map 4 has the weird stuff. Glad the offline recovery fixed it, usually does.

Bloodrock

Post by Bloodrock »

i take it is now regening correctly thou map 4 only had like 3 or 4 rooms used why dunno would test more to make sure all is good thats why metro failed with shadowmere useing map 18
they ran into issues such as i user being on a area in map before cleanup would end up in hod after. i have not used map 4 since there were on;y like 4 rooms used mosta been a prob
that it was not used???

Ravyn

Post by Ravyn »

regardless of what room a user is in on map4, they will come back in halls of the dead upon exit/hangup/cleanup. not sure if its a bug or if they did it on purpose to design entire areas around it.