Things to do with spare CP - Adding/Subtracting CP

Discussion on running your own board and editing MajorMUD.
Necrosaro420

Things to do with spare CP - Adding/Subtracting CP

Post by Necrosaro420 »

Just wondering if there is any ability etc to add/subtract CP? Trying to think of things to do with all the extra. Maybe be able to start a quest once you have them maxed, but requires you to give up X amount of CP to start the quest etc. I am sure this has been looked into before though but no idea.

Ravyn

Re: Things to do with spare CP - Adding/Subtracting CP

Post by Ravyn »

There doesnt seem to be a way to make the game do it, you have to remove it as a sysop. Ive ran through a bunch of ideas before on how to use these extra CP's and done various polls on my board to see what folks like. Every single thing i suggest is split every direction, if I make 4 suggestions 25% of the people vote for each and say they hate the rest. Ive brought it up many times over the years and its always the same crap. I normally just do what I want anyway but its for some reason always turned into a big fight between people.

Note you would manually have to edit it off people and keep track of it written down on a notepad or in a text document to see who got what, and i believe when you retrain it will add the cps back in.

Here was what I thought was a real good idea for mine (new content picks up at around where mud left off @ 55-60) and most players play up until about level 80's before a reset (some stick out out up to about level 125)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once your stats are maxxed you will gain extra cp's every level with nothing to use them for. I have
created a system to trade these in (manually, you need to contact me to do it) for rewards...

Here is the current list of ratios of cp's to rewards:

10 cp +1 s.c.
10 cp +1% hp regen
15 cp +1 hp
20 cp +1 bsmax damage
25 cp +1 bsmin damage
100 cp +1 dodge
150 cp +1/0 ac
200 cp +1% encumbrance
250 cp +1% AlterSpellDamage
250 cp +1 max damage

~ Ravyn / Codered BBS

BearFather

Post by BearFather »

Yeah I think if they do a train stats also they get their cp's back also. I have found it easier not to fuck with them, cause like Ravyn said you have to edit them manually. And don't want the headache of keeping track of them.

Necrosaro420

Post by Necrosaro420 »

Ravyn wrote:There doesnt seem to be a way to make the game do it, you have to remove it as a sysop. Ive ran through a bunch of ideas before on how to use these extra CP's and done various polls on my board to see what folks like. Every single thing i suggest is split every direction, if I make 4 suggestions 25% of the people vote for each and say they hate the rest. Ive brought it up many times over the years and its always the same crap. I normally just do what I want anyway but its for some reason always turned into a big fight between people.

Note you would manually have to edit it off people and keep track of it written down on a notepad or in a text document to see who got what, and i believe when you retrain it will add the cps back in.

Here was what I thought was a real good idea for mine (new content picks up at around where mud left off @ 55-60) and most players play up until about level 80's before a reset (some stick out out up to about level 125)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once your stats are maxxed you will gain extra cp's every level with nothing to use them for. I have
created a system to trade these in (manually, you need to contact me to do it) for rewards...

Here is the current list of ratios of cp's to rewards:

10 cp +1 s.c.
10 cp +1% hp regen
15 cp +1 hp
20 cp +1 bsmax damage
25 cp +1 bsmin damage
100 cp +1 dodge
150 cp +1/0 ac
200 cp +1% encumbrance
250 cp +1% AlterSpellDamage
250 cp +1 max damage

~ Ravyn / Codered BBS

Yeah that's really the only thing I could think of to do. Not planning on putting a board up, so its kinda moot. I just like messing around and editing things hehe.